Altima Dental has an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, dynamic individual to work in our Corporate Office located in the Yorkdale Mall in North York. This position is ideal for an individual who has recently completed Post-Secondary education in HR or Payroll and has a keen interest in payroll. Reporting to the Payroll Manager, this opportunity provides the right individual the ability to gain experience in a myriad of functions supporting the operations at a national level.
- Assists in the payroll process; computation and input of employees’ compensation for commissions, bonus, and holiday pay for all staff members in an accurate and timely manor
- Processes new and existing employee status changes requests
- Processes terminations and the corresponding Record of the employment (ROE)
- Maintains and updates the HRIS and Payroll database
- Generates reports as needed to assist management.
- Maintains and builds employee relationships to answer questions relating to staff member’s payroll and human resources inquiries
- Ensures accurate data entry and files documents accordingly
- Assists with recruitment functions as required; creates job offers, provides onboarding support, coordinates testing and reference checks as requiredAdministers · · Altima’s corporate discount programs, recognition programs, referral bonus program, service awards, EAP, continuous education and uniform allowances by processing payments where applicable and by communicating with staff members inquiries in a professional manner
- Provides temporary relief backup support to front desk for lunches and holiday to ensure smooth, uninterrupted flow of operations
- Member of the social committee to assist with programs, events and activities
Certified or in the process of completing the Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) certification program is preferred
Post-secondary education in Human Resources is an asset
A minimum of 1 year’s Administrative experience required.
Experience working with an HRIS system is preferred
Intermediate Proficiency in MS Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
Exceptional attention to detail is required; provides consistent, accurate data entry with the ability to quickly identify errors in the HRIS system
Ability to work independently with minimal direction and a strong focus on achieving results
Exceptional organizational skills to effectively manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines consistently
Ability to build strong professional relationships when dealing with staff members; ability to maintain composure while working under pressure
Proactive, flexible and adaptable to changing business needs with an ability to support multiple departments and clinic locations as needed
Ability to maintain confidentiality is required
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected
for an interview will be contacted.
Altima Dental welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process.
If accommodation is needed in the application process, or those needing job postings in an alternative format please e-mail a request to email@example.com.