The position of Asphalt Foreman/Supervisor is responsible for the operation, maintenance, quality and staffing of Lakeland Asphalt. The duties will include ensuring the products and associated equipment is safe, well maintained, of the highest quality and all certifications, permits and inspections are current and complete.
Ensure all asphalt operations maintain the highest standards in safety, quality, schedule and maintenance
· Responsible for maintaining all certifications, permits and inspections to be current and complete
· Maintain asphalt materials at an optimum level and place material orders
· Responsible for reporting material usages and inventories to accounting in accordance with financial reporting requirements
· Cooperate and comply with Lakeland Asphalt policy and procedures.
· Maintain safety training for Lakeland Asphalt staff.
· Communicate with the Director of Economic Development as to cost, production capabilities, project status and other asphalt paving information.
· Review monthly production costs and adjust operations in order to meet budget
· Provide training and development opportunities for staff
· Assess equipment and facility requirements and make recommendations for replacement or improvement
· Maintain a current knowledge of industry advancements, specifications, safety standards and issues.
· Knowledge of bidding/estimates.
· 5+ years experience paving/construction experience preferred.
· Knowledgeable of all positions and equipment.
· Must have valid drivers license.
· Strong understanding of asphalt mix designs and aggregate quality control
· Strong maintenance and troubleshooting background
· Basic computer skills, basic proficiency Microsoft Excel
· Good oral and written communication skills
· Strong mathematical skills
· Have the ability to communicate fluently in English
· Be able to receive and understand information on the phone
· Demonstrated openness to change, flexibility, and adaptability
· Must have CSTS 2020, requirement
· First Aid
Job Type: Permanent
Salary: $70,276.00-$85,893.00 per year