Rules Cube is growing and we’re looking for a talented Backend Software Engineer to join our team in downtown Toronto.
Rules Cube Engineering team is working to revolutionize the finance industry by streamlining the process of digitization. Rules Cube is pioneering a fundamentally new paradigm in the B2C and B2B sectors. We are passionate about building awesome products for the financial sectors that are both enterprise-facing and consumer-facing. The Rules Cube Engineering team is working towards disrupting the fintech, enterprise and personal finance space by leveraging AI and machine learning to transform traditional financial systems.
We are looking for a Backend Engineer who is equally comfortable in both back-end, web and DevOps technologies. Willing to learn and use any technology or language as per the requirements. Ability to build and scale a platform using AWS technologies in Java, Node and Python.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Architecture, implementation, deployment and distribution of front-end, back-end, and middleware
- You will build large distributed systems using AWS technologies in Java, Node, Python
- You will build applications that handle content and metadata for thousands of users and hundreds of gigabytes of user data
- Responsible for gathering and defining business requirements and implementing business logic using best practices and clean architecture
- Ideation and productization based on analysis of business processes
- Manage the deployment and distribution of releases to various stakeholders
- Assist with roll-out of product releases
- Documentation of technical and business processes
- Should possess 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Should possess strong fullstack engineering, including at least 3 years of experience developing and deploying production applications in AWS.
- Experience with data modelling, business logic, and RESTful APIs
- Experience with Python/Django
- Solid experience with PostgreSQL
- Solid experience in Linux
- Experience with Apache, NGINX, and SSL
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, SQS, SNS, RDS)
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Logstash and Kibana
- Experience with deployment automation in Amazon Web Services
- Experience developing microservices / SOA architectures
- Ability to provision, setup, maintain and perform integrations using cloud instances and resources on AWS / GCP platforms
- Should have at least 3 years of specific software engineering experience related to front-end and back-end applications and/or data services
- Should possess experience in large scale, high performance, big data application development, deployment and solution architecture on complex heterogeneous environments in AWS
- Experience in working in a Linux based environment with command line
- Solid understanding and experience of working on cloud infrastructure, architecture and cloud platforms (AWS/GCP)
- Ability to develop, maintain and perform bug fixes on front-end as well as back-end code.
- Experience with developing web-apps using Vue, React and Angular frameworks
- Knowledge of front-end web frameworks such as Vue, React, Angular
- Experience in OOP, understanding of concurrency, and parallelism concepts
- Solid understanding of databases such as Postgres, MySQL, RDS, DynamoDB
- Knowledge and experience with DevOps – CI/CD, Ansible
- Exposure to the software development lifecycle and agile software practices, from specification > development > deployment > QA > release
- Strong analytical skills, with a knack for system design, data analysis and the ability to translate the analysis into products or process solutions.
- Engineering Degree (BE/MS - Computer Science / Electrical Engineering / EECS)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team-based environment
- Strong work ethic and team player
- Good communication skills
*** Please include your GitHub profile with contributions to personal, professional or open source projects ***
Job Type: Full-time
- AWS deployment automation: 3 years (Required)