Only candidates with a flexible schedule need apply (availability from 6am-8pm).
Come join us as our surgical counselor in our prime, state of the art facility! As a member of the team, your opportunity will include telephone screening and one-on-one counseling to prospective patients inquiring about refractive surgical procedures such as LASIK surgery, lens exchange surgery, or cataract surgery with premium lens options. Additionally, this position is responsible for assessing patient needs, financial counseling, lead tracking, reporting, and follow up. The ideal candidate will present themselves professionally, have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be proficient in MS Office Suite and have a proven track record of excellent customer service. Sales background beneficial. College or University degree preferred. Surgical Coordinator’s main responsibility is to provide outstanding customer service to patients while achieving their surgery booking-to-completion objective.
- Assist with patient registration and orientation.
- Liaise with patients between testing and seeing their physician.
- Respond to patient inquires via telephone and e-mail.
- Assist with the daily up-keep and maintenance of the clinic.
- Operate various ophthalmology diagnostic equipment, set-up and perform diagnostic testing (Extensive training provided).
- Provide pre-operative and post-operative care to patients by following standard operating procedures.
- Prepare patients for treatment and assists ophthalmologist in LASIK and other ophthalmic surgery.
- Counsel patients by providing information regarding treatment, use of drops and drugs.
- Open to change and willing to take on additional responsibilities as needed.
- BSc., Medical Assistant Diploma, Health Sciences or equivalent.
- Excellent customer service, organizational and multi-tasking skills are needed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Conversationalist who knows how to listen and is friendly, thoughtful, able to put others at ease, can respond promptly to patient needs, and find solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, works well under pressure
- Must work as a team player.
- Sales experience would be an asset.
- Bilingualism would be a strong asset.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $17.50 /hour
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)