Our client, a leading professional services and pension administration institution is looking for a Facilities Services Assistant to join the team.
In this role you will be responsible for:
Conference/Meeting Room Setup and Catering:
- Monitor the local Facilities Services mailbox and respond promptly to inquires as directed by the Facilities Services Manager.
- Help to maintain the overall cleanliness and order/organization of the office space.
- Ensure office equipment is properly maintained.
- Work with Corporate Real Estate and outside vendors to arrange for repairs and maintenance relative to office furnishings, fixtures, equipment, space, and services.
- Perform all duties related to the reception including call and visitor handling.
- Meet, greet and announce visitors in a professional manner.
- Ensure visitors are identified in accordance with security procedures, and are given necessary safety information.
New Hire and Other HR-Task-Related Support:
- Organize catered meals and provision of special equipment, as required.
- Proactively ensure that excellent housekeeping standards are maintained in conference/meeting rooms.
- Communicate and liaise regularly with associates booking conference rooms to verify requirements and expedite changes.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with caterers and local vendors.
- Provide security access card to building and office space.
- Gain experience working for a well-recognized organization
- Earn the competitive wage of $16.35 per hour
- Work in downtown Calgary
- Possibility of assignment being extended or becoming permanent
- Work full-time hours on a 2-week contract
- 2+ years experience in a professional office environment providing general office support
- Relevant experience in printing and production
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to deal professionally with clients, vendors and associates on the phone and in person
- Professional demeanor and appearance
- Ability to adapt to different people, situations and changing priorities with grace and flexibility as well as demonstrating an appropriate sense of urgency
- Reliable and punctual
- Strong organizational skills, with demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- A strong focus on detail and accuracy of work
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to communicate openly and effectively both verbally and in writing in business standard English and in local language as appropriate
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and Outlook
- Knowledge of AV equipment and limited technology in a meeting environment
- Heaving lifting may be required
- High School diploma, certificate or official equivalent