The Team Lead will be part of the Actuarial Personal Lines Pricing team. You will support the pricing and underwriting objectives of the business through the use of generally accepted actuarial principles. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Actuarial Pricing you will enhance our analytics capability through innovation and will embed best practices throughout actuarial pricing teams.
Pricing sophistication is a key business priority for RSA and an important area of investment to empower us to be more competitive. As the industry landscape and customer expectations evolve, our objective is to be more sophisticated in our risk understanding and to be more agile in responding to changing customer needs by having deeper insights of our pricing. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly developing team focused on driving pricing innovation to have the best-in-class pricing capabilities.
Keeping You Moving
RSA is one of the world’s leading multinational insurance groups with over 300 years of experience and over 20 million customers worldwide.
Our people are committed to building a dynamic internal culture where our people love what they do and feel motivated to keep things moving – for customers, for their colleagues and as part of their own growth and development.
In RSA, employing positive people is how we achieve success. You will be working in an environment that encourages you to do great work and you constantly will be faced with fresh challenges that have a direct impact on our business. We believe your personality and passion will keep RSA and our business moving forward.
At RSA we have a culture that supports and rewards high performance with a competitive reward policy for top performers. Our rewards package includes competitive compensation, work / life balance, opportunities to learn and the chance to make a difference working for a worldwide industry leader.
At RSA Canada, our purpose is to Make Life Better Together and we do that every day through our commitments to our people, our customers and our partners. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, fair, and accessible environment where every team member has the opportunity to reach their full potential and where everyone feels comfortable being their true selves. We hire on the basis of merit and we are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes, as well as equal access to training and promotion opportunities.
Who you are
Your enthusiasm is infectious. You challenge the status quo. You find solutions to problems. You go the extra mile to exceed customers’ expectations. You get things done the right way. You represent our brand with passion and pride. You are a team player. You have fun and you make work fun for those working around you.
What you will achieve in this role
- Supervise 2 to 3 actuarial analysts – Prioritizing / Allocating work as well as providing coaching and guidance as necessary
- Become a recognized subject matter expert in personal lines (auto or property)
- Improve efficiencies and analytical capabilities for enhance personal lines profitability;
- Continuously assess the key pricing assumptions used in the rate indications and rate filings;
- Continuously evolve the company’s pricing algorithms by identifying gaps and proposing changes to improve pricing sophistication;
- Contribute to product development and pricing strategy through the provision of appropriate actuarial advice and services;
- Peer review analytical project work other analysts especially for complex projects.
- Create new and improve existing analytical tools and models;
- Increase business and technical knowledge through frequent liaison and collaboration with colleagues in the business and actuaries in other units
What you bring to this role
- University degree in actuarial science, mathematics, statistics, or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience (preferred 7 years); insurance and/or pricing knowledge and experience in P&C industry is preferred
- Recent FCAS preferred (or ACAS with relevant experience).
- Strong technical knowledge in pricing and predictive modeling;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively collaborate with multi-disciplinary groups and all organizational levels
- Excellent computer skills (including Microsoft Office) and programming proficiency (e.g., SAS, VBA, SQL);
- Ability and willingness to maintain knowledge and skills through efforts during and outside of work hours with an emphasis on continuous learning about new technical developments as well as leadership techniques;
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem-solving, communication and interpersonal skills;
Applicants agree that by providing personal information in response to this ad, and otherwise in any recruitment process with RSA or its affiliated companies (the “Company”) such personal information may be retained and used for a period of one (1) year from the date of this application, for the purpose of consideration for employment opportunities which may arise during that time period, unless an applicant notifies the Company to the contrary.
We thank all applicants. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We invite you to learn more about us at our Career Site, www.rsagroup.ca, where you can apply on line.
RSA group of Companies is strongly committed to diversity and welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, and persons with disabilities, members of the LGBT community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
RSA group of Companies will provide reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities in the job application process.
If you have difficulty using our online application system and you need an accommodation due to a disability, please email AODA@RSAGROUP.CA or call us at toll free 1 (800)-855-0511. Please note this email is only for accommodation requests. Resumes sent to this email address will not be considered.