At Palm Insurance Canada Inc., every person plays an important role in bringing nothing but the best to our clientele. As part of Palm Canada, you will work with a motivated team who take pride in and have passion for what they do. We stay committed to career growth and development for all team members so they may propel their own future forward and grow with us.
Reporting to the Director, the overall purpose and objective of this position is to provide high volume underwriting, claims and accounting support for the Palm Canada team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
*Endorsement and Cancellation Processing:
* * Receive all year-end OEE and Property Adjustments
- Manage incoming mid-term endorsement/cancellation requests to completion
- Upload emails and correspondence to internal underwriting application/Sharepoint folders
- Correspond with London underwriters on all endorsement/cancellation referrals
- Ensure all premium adjustment endorsement and task list items are completed for month end closure
* * Ensure absolute completeness and accuracy in accordance with established and agreed terms for all accounts
- Ensure all respective endorsements and conditions are attached
- Process in internal system and send to client via broker / London Underwriters
- Update risk logging system
- Ensure all documents are uploaded into internal underwriting application
- Review renewal submissions – General Liability, Control of Well (OEE) and Property
- Use internal underwriting application to compare and contrast previous term submissions
- Communicate successfully with local underwriters for verification and qualification of information as needed
- Request further documents or information from brokers where lacking
- Perform sanction searches on all new business submissions
- Familiarize and apply best business practices towards centralized service & maintain quality standards.
- Quote slip processing
- Referral to London counterparts and market
- Discuss outcome with local underwriters in order to proceed with quotes to brokers
* * Receive all remittance details from payables team
- Reconcile remittances in internal underwriting application
- Create pending payments for each reconciliation
- Investigate and respond to accounting queries from payables team
- Process monthly Statements of Account for payables team
- Operating account cheque issuance and management
- Process incoming claims documents and correspondence
- Maintain claims files and folders within internal underwriting application and Sharepoint folders
* * Aid in Board of Director meeting preparation
- Aid in event planning – Christmas / Stampede / Quarterly in-house events
Candidate must have the following:
- University degree or college diploma and aspire to attain or has been granted the
Chartered Insurance Professional designation
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal in English.
- A proven track record in customer service coupled with excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical, organizational and time management skills. Must be detail oriented.
- Customer service focused. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conceptualize details and develop action plans for problem solving and decision making.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment with limited supervision
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and other business-related software.
As a full-time employee your benefits include:
- Annual performance bonus consideration
- Sunlife medical and dental benefit program
- Platinum Club Fitness Centre membership
- Approved Insurance course study reimbursement
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- Insurance: 1 year (Preferred)
- OIl and Gas: 1 year (Preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)