SUMMARY OF THE OPPORTUNITY
Total Systems Solutions Consulting Inc. represents an association of independent IMITS Consultants based in British Columbia. We are seeking a partner Senior Program Manager for FICOM. FICOM is Vancouver BC based regulatory agency under the Ministry of Finance that regulates the financial services industries in British Columbia, including credit unions, trust and insurance companies, pension plans, mortgage brokers, and the Credit Union Deposit Insurance Corporation. Its mandate is to protect the public against the insolvency of financial institutions, prevent improper market conduct in the financial services sectors, provide deposit insurance for members of B.C. credit unions and ensure the solvency of pension funds.
The Financial Institutions Commission (“FICOM”) is seeking an individual (not a team) to act as a Change Management Analyst. FICOM anticipates the initial term of the Contract will be for approximately seven (7) months starting at contract signing and ending March 31, 2020.
Background for Opportunity
The Financial Institutions Commission (FICOM) has experienced many changes over the past five (5) years. There is very little history with regards to successful change management activities. The organization is going through several large, enterprise wide changes and requires support, at all levels, to successfully navigate these.
The Contractor will perform the Services at 2800 - 555 West Hastings Street in Vancouver, British Columbia or such other location as may be specifically approved by FICOM in writing from time to time. FICOM will provide to the Contractor such access to the Systems necessary for performance of the Services.
Travel and relocation costs will not be covered under the contract.
- FICOM is seeking a qualified individual to act as Senior Program Manager to enable introduction of a new Core Regulatory System.
- FICOM is currently in the process of procuring a single, prime Service Provider to implement an enterprise class Core Regulatory Suite (CRS) to support FICOM in executing its regulatory mandatory. The CRS will include the provision of a hosted solution, application, maintenance and continuous improvement of the application and transition to service delivery and ongoing operations. The Core Regulatory Suite must be implemented on an application platform that provides user friendly configuration and customization capabilities for future changes by FICOM staff
At a high level, the contractor would be responsible for all aspects of the following:
- Provides accountability, and reports to, the CRS Program Director for the delivery of Program deliverables
- Key responsibilities will be the Data & Document Migration Project under the CRS Program, including, but not limited to: Preparing documentation required for data and document migration
- Performing analysis to decide on migration scope and stages of migration
- Development initial data and document migration strategy
- Working with the successful vendor on all deliverables and migration activities
- Collaborate with the program areas, and IT and business teams as applicable, to develop well-defined deliverables
- Develop and maintain a Program work schedule with activities, timelines, critical paths and resource requirements. Manage all activities against the Program work schedule for the Program duration. Review assigned tasks according to work plans with responsible team members
- Plans and manages the Program in accordance with the agreed processes and tolerances;
- Document and report Program status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources
- Deals with stream leads and Program resources to ensure Program progression
- Contributes to the Program risk register and the integration of risk treatments and control activities into the Program plans
- Manages and monitors Program activity through detailed plans and schedules and preparation of reports
- Manages multiple stakeholders’ expectations with competing interests, and issues both internally and externally including other provincial governments and industry representatives
- Manages Program issues and provides proposed resolution options and implementing chosen options in a timely manner
Job Type: Contract
- IMIT development Projects of budgets > $500K: 10 years (Required)
- Senior level leading complex major Programs: 10 years (Required)
- PMP, Prince 2 or equivalent (Preferred)