“Building trust by providing superior service throughout the entire customer journey, becoming a true partner in bringing ideas to light”
With over 40 years in the lighting business, Metalumen Manufacturing strives to become the leading manufacturer of architectural lighting products in North America. We endeavor to provide the highest levels of quality throughout the design and manufacturing process and stand behind every product and service we offer. We treat all our customers as though they were part of the Metalumen team. Dedication and commitment to customer relationships and reliability are essential in all actions of every employee within Metalumen. We maintain an adaptable learning environment by focusing on service and flexibility within the projects we acquire. Whatever the job entails, we do it with passion and purpose.
Position Title: Inside Sales Representative
Supervisor: Sales and Marketing Manager
Reporting to the Sales and Marketing Manager, this position is responsible for sales related administration tasks, requiring exceptional communication with internal cross-functional teams and external customers, while performing daily ongoing duties. Inside Sales Representatives receive and process all our customer orders as they move through the organization through to delivery and post-sale follow up.
Aside from working with the great people who make up the Metalumen team, we also offer
· Flexible work environment
· Great compensation/benefits package
· Education and training reimbursement
· Recreational reimbursement
· Employee recognition program
· Social events throughout the year
· Receive, review and analyze customer orders, transferring this information accurately into the system, including but not limited to new orders, reschedules, releases, tooling and cancellations after verification is completed.
· Provide lead times, and monitor shipping activity working closely with our scheduling team; communicate accurate information to external sales and customers.
· Provide professional and timely responses, for any questions related to delivery, price, engineering changes and quality control.
· Process incoming customer data and contact information while maintaining an exceptionally high level of data integrity.
· Adopt our “Customer Focus” disposition with a flexible mindset willing to accommodate and contribute to internal and external meetings.
· Communicate changes, priorities, reschedules, urgencies, etc. to our internal and external customers.
· Receive, acknowledge, and action customer concerns and complaints. Assist in resolving issues concerning obsolescence of parts and customer-supplied material, warranty and return policies for all product lines.
· Adhere to company policies and procedures.
· Perform other duties as required
What makes you an ideal candidate
· Maintain a high standard of professional knowledge, ethics and practices when dealing with customers, suppliers, contractors, peers, supervisors and other key stakeholders of the Company.
· Proven ability to read/interpret customers’ production drawings and technical specifications and a thorough understanding of the manufacturing cycle.
· Minimum 3 years of experience in an inside sales department
· Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgment in the application of established guidelines, policies and procedures while operating in a fast-paced environment.
· Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to assimilate large amounts of technical information and communicate it effectively to both internal and external customers in a professional manner.
· Exceptional organizational skills, superb attention to detail and accurate data entry skills and review of quote information.
· Ability to use diplomacy and discretion certain job functions, where confidentiality of information is highly sensitive and can be used and solicited, a high level of integrity is essential.
· Demonstrated strong positive attitude with the ability to work independently and as part of a team and ability to quickly build strong relationships.
· Mechanically and mathematically inclined with an aptitude for problem solving.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office; Word and Excel
Bonus points for
· Technical background in lighting industry. IES certificate an asset.
· Knowledge of Epicor ERP order entry software
We sincerely thank all applicants for the interest in this position, however due to the volume of the resumes, we will contact only candidates that closely match the requirements of the position.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code, Metalumen is committed to providing inclusive and barrier free recruitment and selection process. Please notify Human Resources of any accommodation you may require.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent