An Assistant Brewer assists with brewing, packaging, cleaning and maintenance duties at the brewery. The assistant brewer is continuously willing to learn and has a general knowledge of on going productions.
KEY SPECIFIC ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Performing tasks such as: brewing, packaging, process additions, transferring, cleaning, gravities, and daily temperature checks
- Brewing the required batches as stated on brewing schedule
- Being able to complete tasks on your schedule and asking questions if you have any concerns
- Being proactive in knowing the requirements to complete assigned tasks effectively and efficiently
- i.e. Brewing: ensuring the proper grain will get collected, milled etc
- Kegging: Kegs are cleaned and purged * Keepingmeticulousbrewing, kegging, and cleaning records
- Maintaining a high level of safety, quality, and compliance with standard operating procedures
- Ensuring the brewery and all brewery tools are maintained at a showcase standard of cleanliness. Including storage, chemical room, grain room etc.
- Performing yeast cell counts for brews
- adding the required treatments
- regular blow downs
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent