Under the direction of the Environmental Services Coordinator, the Transfer Depot Attendant organizes and coordinates the collection and disposal of refuse and recyclables into the appropriate areas in a safe, efficient and effective manner.
The Transfer Depot Attendant will follow established policies and procedures of the Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte, in the execution of duties, including adherence to job related Health and Safety standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Opens and closes the Waste Transfer Depot according to schedule [Open 8:30am and closed at 4:30pm];
- Greeting of public, waste haul truckers at the Transfer Depot Station site and maintain access to the depot and designated areas on-site;
- Explain Transfer Depot procedures to general public; monitoring material to prohibit disposal of prohibited items;
- Utilizes the equipment to contain all deposited waste
- Inspection of waste loads for compliance with MBQ Waste Depot Operations policy;
- Processes recyclables in compliance with MBQ Waste Depot Operations policy;
- Maintain Household Hazardous Waste garage by ensuring items are sorted and stored properly;
- Maintain waste records/log indicating time and day of operations, the approximate quantity and description of refuse disposed of, and any other pertinent information
- Provide daily cleaning and regular maintenance of the transfer depot building and keeping transfer depot clean, picking up debris;
- Perform weekly inspection of the grounds to determine if any repairs or any other routine maintenance is required; including perimeter fence
- Ensures all operations are conducted in a safe manner and in accordance with MBQ Policies, Canada Labour Code Part II and Occupational Health & Safety Regulations.
- Ensuring safety procedures are followed; using appropriate safety equipment and Personal Protective
- Other duties as required
Education and Experience:
- OSSD (or equivalent) with one year experience performing job related duties
Knowledge and Skills:
- Clear Vulnerable Sector Check
- Standard First Aid and CPR required or willingness to obtain
- Excellent interpersonal skills, courteous, positive and helpful attitude.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- WHMIS training
- Knowledge of hazards and Occupational Health and Safety Guidelines
- Must be able to work independently with a high degree of initiative and self-direction
- Must be able to work in unfavorable weather conditions
- High level of confidentiality, tact & discretionary capabilities
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply, however, current staff or members of Mohawks of the Bay of Quinte and Indigenous applicants will be given priority and are asked to self-identify
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $14.00 to $14.51 /hour
- waste management: 1 year (Preferred)