The Automotive Parts Associate works in a fast-paced automotive environment that involves constant interaction with customers in person and over the phone, with the use of a computerized automotive parts look-up system. The role also involves interaction with outside vendors using various ordering processes and systems and a responsibility for maintaining the automotive retail floor.This position will require the ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
To be successful in this customer service role, you need to be able to:
- Provide excellent customer service and ensure an ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
- Respond to and handle customer inquiries , requests and concerns in a timely and professional manner, in person and over the phone.
- Keep up to date with in-store promotions, deals, auto center specials and product locations.
- Efficiently perform the following daily operations:
- Source and order automotive parts for customers through authorized suppliers.
- Process payments, returns, warranties as required.
- Test and fill batteries.
- Execute basic retail tasks such stocking, labeling, facing, keeping the area clean etc.
- Maintain inventory accuracy and report low stock levels.
- Operate computer and RF gun.
- Comply with company, store and department policies and health & safety regulations.
- Complete other tasks as required.
- Demonstrated automotive subject matter knowledge and interest.
- Good working knowledge of computer (knowledge of parts lookup system is an asset).
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Commitment to deliver the best customer service every time.
- Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.
Please apply online or with your resume at the store.
We thank all the applicants for their interest in employment with Canadian Tire; however please note that only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Permanent
Job Type: Permanent