Do you want to work for a company that safely delivers clean, healthy indoor air environments? Do you encompass and live our core values of: Together we are Better, Striving for Excellence, and Be the Experts?
BGE provides services and products to organizations that care about clean air. Through its focus on strong customer relationships and an integrated service and product offering, BGE delivers industry knowledge and technical and advisory support, enabling organizations to safely build and maintain clean, healthy indoor air environments.
By joining BGE’s Fort McMurray team, new hires are eligible for our retention bonus program and can earn up to $2000 in an 18-month period!
This position is responsible for working alongside, and leading, the BGE Indoor Air Quality Solutions Duct Cleaning Team, focusing on proper delivery of services to BGEs’ and the clients’ expectations. This position will primarily be working in the Fort McMurray area but can be based out of Edmonton or Calgary. Accommodations will be provided while working in Fort McMurray.
Director of Technical Services
Hours of work:
Full-time, hours will vary as required including day and night shifts.
Tasks, duties and responsibilities:
- Work alongside Duct Cleaning team as a hands-on leader.
- Be a safety leader: ensure the Duct Cleaner adheres to BGE’s safety program and clients’ on-site rules.
- Provide scope of work, including budget, for duct cleaning and kitchen exhaust proposals.
- Provide completion reports of all work completed. Pictorial reports included.
- Schedule media sampling and prepare samples to be sent for analysis.
- Obtain various trade certifications, with support from BGE. These include: NAFA CAFS, NADCA ASCS, and CVI certifications.
- Attend any inhouse training provided by BGE.
- Attend monthly Safety meetings.
- Attend/complete any client required training prior to accessing site.
- Work with Service Coordinators to organize pre-access requirements.
- Maintain and build good relationships with our customers and stakeholders.
- Ensure the required paperwork for each job such as safe work permits, service status cards, FLRAs and others are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
Climbing ladders (be comfortable with heights); working in confined spaces; lifting up to 23 Kg (50lbs); and working in extreme temperatures and/or dusty environments
What we offer:
- 3-5 years of duct cleaning experience.
- Supervisor experience is an asset.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and clean Driver’s Abstract.
- High school diploma.
- Must be able to pass Pre-Employment/Pre-Access Drug & Alcohol tests.
- NADCA (ASCA or CVI) certifications are an asset.
- Ability to travel overnight.
- Mechanically inclined and attention to detail are required.
- Good communications skills in English, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to take direction in a team environment and work well independently.
- Adaptable and self-motivated.
- Must be authorized to legally work in Canada.
- Competitive compensation
- Benefits package and RRSP matching program
- Supportive work environment
- Opportunities for training and development
BGE hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity. We encourage all qualified persons to apply.
While we sincerely appreciate every application received, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.