Sterno Home is a flameless candle and outdoor lighting industry leader. We proudly create a wide-array of landscape lighting, flameless LED candles for all occasions and spaces, as well as licensed LED products for kids and the young at heart.
We are pleased to be contributing to the legendary Sterno Products 100 - year legacy and to be engaged every day in the creation of imaginative products for the home designed to: connect, surprise and delight!
Sterno Home is a division of The Sterno Group. Our products are sold worldwide to major retailers such as Costco, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Target, Pottery Barn, Restoration Hardware, Michaels, Pier 1 and independent gift shops.
To see a selection of our products, please visit our website www.sternohome.com
About the Role
The Procurement Manager will report directly to the Vice President of Supply Chain and be responsible for interfacing with our suppliers and ensuring that we are achieving our Supply Chain/Procurement objects. This role is critical to ensuring that our products are being manufactured, On Time, On Quality and On Cost.
- Manage supplier relationships, expectations, communications, charge backs, priorities, etc. to uphold our standards. On Time, On Quality and On Cost.
- Prepares and present at monthly S&OP meetings. Ensure forecasts and purchase orders are effectively communicated to suppliers, and optimum inventory levels are maintained.
- Review and analyze performance for our different categories. Develop strategies to enhance profitable growth based on performance analysis.
- In conjunction with our Asia Office maintain suppliers score card based on customer score card criteria and internal score cards criteria. Act proactively to address or alert the organization to any drops in score cards that are at risk of failing or are failing.
- Collaborate with senior management to develop business strategies and negotiate the best programs with new and current suppliers. Generate reports and other collateral to assist Senior Management in negotiation with new and current suppliers.
- Proactively analyze sales, market trends, cost drivers in order to identify and develop best sourcing opportunities. Create detailed reports as to the opportunities available to improve sourcing cost.
- Accountable for charge back, and gathering data on supplier’s performance to support claim management.
- Identify, analyze and drive opportunities to decrease total cost of goods.
- Make recommendations regarding vendor selection, cost/value analysis, etc.
- Identify, track and communicate KPI’s to vendors and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain strong understanding of best practices in sourcing and procurement; recommend changes to the company’s purchasing and sourcing policies and procedures.
- Communicates with key business partners and stakeholders
- Perform any other related duties assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Production Management or Engineering is preferred
- A designation or certificate in any of the following Procurement (CPP or CPPM), Sourcing (CPSP), or Supply Chain (CSCP, CPSM, CSCMP) is an asset
- 5 or more years’ experience in supply chain Asia Sourcing and Purchasing;
- Strong Microsoft office expertise, Intermediate skill in Excel Required, able to do Vlookups and Pivot tables
- Persuasive written and verbal skills, able to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Strong attention to detail that drives the big picture.
- Experience with MRP/ERP software such as MAS or Sage100
- Ability to function in a quick turnaround environment
- Solid knowledge of the Procure to Pay process
- Up to 25% travel required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Procurement: 3 years (Required)