Established in 1988, Provincial Doors Inc. (“PDI”) is a full-service enterprise dedicated to the mining and industrial door industry. With over thirty (30) years of proven industrial experience the Company specializes in advanced engineering and feasibility, design, program management, product manufacturing, installation, and service of surface and mining ventilation doors and products on the global market. PDI has the proven experience and capability to support the most complex door systems and solution in today’s demanding mining industries.
Due to operational growth and client demands, we are looking for an Project Coordinator / Estimator to join our dynamic team.
Reporting to and under the direction of Senior Management, this position is responsible for:
- Reviewing and preparing cost estimates for manufacturing, industrial and commercial products and services as offered by the Company
- Preparing work to be estimated by gathering proposals, prints, specifications, and related documents.
- Reviewing and understanding project-specific specifications and drawings.
- Reviewing and understanding project-specific contractual terms and conditions.
- Requesting and organizing quotes from subcontractors and suppliers to incorporate into estimate.
- Travelling to job sites to gather information on materials needed, labour required and other factors.
- Evaluating and determining cost-effectiveness and profitability
- Developing project plans for the duration of the project
- Formulating all costs for estimate, including but not limited to labour, materials, products, equipment and subcontractors as applicable.
- Assisting in coordinating subcontractors, materials, products and equipment delivery for active projects.
- Attending progress meetings.
- Assisting sales and operations with project management and providing technical support to field staff as required
- Applying critical thinking, experience, and knowledge to foresee design or logistical issues in project documents.
- Reviewing estimates with operations and service teams to integrate feedback into estimate.
- Gathering creative ideas and recommending innovative solutions to opportunities to produce the best pricing and lead time solutions;
- Following a project from estimating to close-out including compiling pricing, developing baseline schedules, ordering materials, coordinating work and responding to contractual and technical inquiries during project execution.
- Monitoring performance on active projects and utilizing knowledge gained to forecast cost estimating applications future projects.
- Typical hours are Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm. You may be required to occasionally work outside of these times as required to meet deadlines.
- Work will generally take place in an office setting, with the occasional field site visits.
Skills and Knowledge Required
- Ability to multi-task and sustain productivity in a fast-paced environment. Must be able to work accurately under pressure, and to manage time and prioritize tasks to best meet deadlines.
- Must be a self-motivated individual with strong problem-solving skills and willingness to take on new challenges.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and in a team setting
- Strong communication skills, both in written and oral
- Relationship skills: Team player, problem solver
- Personal characteristics: Creative thinker, motivated, self-starting, knowledgeable, strategic thinker
- Ability to analyze information, estimate and plan with attention to detail
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project is considered an asset.
- Experience with CAD Software (SolidWorks) is considered an asset.
- Previous work experience in an estimating capacity in a manufacturing, commercial or construction industry is considered an asset.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or a Certificate in Construction Estimating or Civil Technology are considered strong assets.
- Experience in a business development position or setting is considered an asset
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Excel MS Office: 5 years (Preferred)
- ESTIMATING: 2 years (Preferred)