Temporary Part-Time Job Share Registered Nurse
Until approximately September 2020
HOURS OF WORK:
11.25 hour shifts
Provision of exemplary care that is patient focused, and based on current best evidence. Provision of education and support to families in a safe, efficient and responsive manner. Collaboration within the multidisciplinary team to support a safe, productive, and respectful working environment.
Demonstrated skill in:
- Valid license with the College of Nurses Of Ontario
- Recent experience in Neonatal ICU (level II or III). New graduate RNs who have completed their final consolidation in NICU may be considered OR
- Significant progress toward completion of the Neonatal Nursing Certification (college certificate), or CNA Neonatal Nursing Certification.
- Current NRP certification.
- Completion of breastfeeding course(s)
- Good attendance record
- Ability to adapt to changes in care based on best evidence
- Excellent neonatal assessment skills
- Care of the neonate requiring respiratory support - non-invasive and short term invasive ventilation
- Care of infants requiring enteral and parenteral nutrition
- Developmentally supportive care of the at risk neonate
- Neonatal venipuncture and capillary blood sampling
- Care of central lines, intravenous medication administration and fluid management.
- Experience with computer based documentation
- Highly motivated & self-directed
- Respectful, collaborative manner in dealing with patient/families and colleagues
- High level of maturity and professionalism
- Compassionate and understanding
- Strong critical thinking skills
- Flexible and able to balance competing priorities
- Reflective practitioner