Sonoco is a Global Packaging Solutions Leader. A successful/productive company that proudly manufactures paper, plastic metal and wood products, marketed throughout the world. We bring more to packaging than just the package! Package Your Career #packageyourlife
Take the next step and stake your future with a world-leading company that helps you excel and rewards your best efforts. We encourage and enable upward movement within the company, and we’ve built an industry-leading business on the philosophy that every person and every idea counts.
Our key focus is SAFETY, by creating a zero-injury environment. If you have a strong commitment to safety, excellent attendance, a strong work ethic and a desire to learn, this role might be right for you.
If you enjoy work as a general laborer, factory worker, production and/or warehouse worker, your application is of interest to us.
As the Make-Ready Wash-Up person, you will:
· perform cylinder inspection and procedures to ensure high quality production
· general preparation, repair, maintenance, handling and storage of cylinders including receiving procedures
· ensure parts are clean and safe for press set-up
· assist with staging wet goods, parts and make-ready materials for upcoming jobs
· work as a team with press crew to reduce downtime at set-up
· perform related functions using mathematical calculations, micrometer and video microscope
· maintain a safe, clean work environment
· perform all duties in support of Sonoco’s quality and safety policies
. perform other duties as required
To qualify, you(r):
· possess a good level of computer and mechanical aptitude skills
· preferably have prior production/warehouse experience
· familiarity with ISO/LO/TO is a definite asset
· a valid fork-truck license is also desirable
· are able to work with minimal supervision
· are 18 years of age or older
· have Grade 12 education or equivalent (proof required at first interview)
· are legally entitled to work in Canada
· are able to perform physical requirements of the job
· are available to work 12-hour rotating continental shifts (2 weeks working days, then 2 weeks working nights)
When you join Sonoco, you will get The Total Package: Stability, Growth/Opportunity, and an excellent Total Rewards Package including competitive pay, benefits, profit sharing and pension plan, as well as production bonuses and shift premiums for overtime weekend work.
Next Steps for You:
The Sonoco recruitment process for our Make-Ready Wash-Up opportunity will require you to:
· Submit an on-line application
· Undergo a brief pre-qualifying telephone interview
· Interview at our Mississauga - Flexibles facility
· Undergo background review and reference checks
Sonoco values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. Sonoco is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation to apply or if selected to participate in an assessment process, please advise Human Resources.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those being considered for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $21.30 /hour