At Orica, it’s the power of our people that leads change and shapes our futures.
Every day, all around the world, our people help mobilise vital resources essential to progress. Established in 1874, we have grown to become the world leader in mining and civil blasting with a diverse of team of more than 13,000 across the world.
It’s an exciting time to join us – we are shaping the future of mining through digital and automated technologies, embracing new ways of thinking, pioneering innovation and reimagining the way we work.
The Role - Operator - MMU (Red Chris, BC)
The MMU Operator must ensure production occurs on a timely basis following all safety procedures and taking a pro-active teamwork approach focused on coordinating assigned machine operation and product handling functions.
Your Qualifications – Required Qualifications
- Class 3 License Required
- High School degree or equivalent (asset)
What you will bring – Required Experience/Behaviors
- Mechanical aptitude with ability to quickly determine potential issues and problem solve accordingly.
- Requires thorough and meticulous completion of regulatory paperwork
- Reliable and dependable.
- Flexible to fast changes as needed during production process.
- Entry level computer skills including Internet and Windows applications.
- Ability to provide a clear criminal check.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment/post offer physical and drug screen.
The spread of COVID-19 continues to have a significant impact on the world. Like many organisations, Orica is adapting its working practices as the situation continues to evolve, to ensure the safety of our people, customers, and communities. Our dedicated Global and Regional Response Teams meet regularly to respond to the impacts in their respective communities. As a truly global company, Orica is delivering country and region-specific responses in different stages, and at different times, in accordance with risk-based measures, local conditions and government regulations. Find out more details via Orica’s website here.
Job Type: Full-time
- 12 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- driving: 1 year (required)
- Class 3 Licence (required)