Senior Accounting Clerk
21 July 2020
Temporary - Full Time
Midhurst, ON L9X 1N6 CA (Primary)
This position is tasked with a wide variety of general accounting functions including preparation of the financial reporting package and monthly & annual financial results. This role is also responsible for complex transactions, developing procedures, and accounting for new initiatives and the analysis of financial results. Responsible for the preparation of supporting documents for financial statements and other government reporting. This position willinvestigate and follow up on all discrepancies or other accounting matters as necessary.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (not listed in order of priority)
1. Assist in the preparation of financial reports for assigned areas. This includes planning, analysis of historical financial information/trends and review of actual results.
2. Assist in the preparation of financial forecasts, budgets and variance analysis. This includes investigating reasons forvariances and preparing narratives for appropriate managers.
3. Account reconciliations as required.
4. Assist with the development and implementation of accounting programs and/or procedures as required.
5. Recommend changes to policies and procedures along with rationale for such changes as the need arises.
6. Provide financial information to staff members and internal/external clients as required.
7. Investigate problems and recommend solutions as required.
8. Identify requirements for internal control processes and ensure compliance is achieved within the department.
9. Participate in a financial capacity towards new initiativeswithin the department
10. Participate in committees as required.
11. Comply with provincial and County occupational health and safety legislation, regulations, policies and procedures.
12. Maintain confidentiality in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
13. Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, TECHNICAL SKILLS AND CERTIFICATION
- Minimum of a three (3) year Diploma with specialization in Accounting.
- Financial software usage.
- Intermediate Excel, Reporting, Presentation and Microsoft Office skills.
- GAAP, PSAB knowledge.
- Knowledge and understanding of internal control methodology.
- Time management, organizational, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Analytical abilities to identify areas to review and opportunities for improvements.
- Ability to work effectively within team environment toward collaborative solutions.
- Ability to work independently within states objectives.
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a comprehensive financial position.
- Visual and mental effort required when preparing financial reports and analysis.
- Regular office environment
$28.73 - $35.84
The County of Simcoe thanks all applicants for their interest in this opportunity, but please note that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Personal information provided is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act (2001) and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.