Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the CTO and CEO, the Director of Operations will be responsible for assisting operations related tasks and any other tasks as needed.
- Develop infrastructure strategy with engineering and cultivation to support future growth
- Accountable for COGS and Working Capital/Inventory Management for all operations
- Forecast requirements; prepare an annual budget; schedule expenditures; analyze variances; initiating corrective actions
- Develop operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; develop, implement, enforce and evaluate policies and procedures; develop processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management and shipping
- Analyze process workflow, employee and space requirements and equipment layout; implement changes
- Translate the commercial forecast into feasible operational plans considering key pieces like materials, plant space, labour, SOP’s, quality control, and logistics.
- Evaluate and proactively propose new solutions to drive product quality excellence and efficiencies throughout the entire value chain.
- Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems; complete audits; identify trends
- In collaboration with QA, Marketing, and Operations develop inventory, procurement, and customer service strategies to support the commercial needs of the organization.
- Establish internal and external processes and key performance indicators for the business and for their measurement and effectiveness
- Maintain safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following and enforcing standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations
- Manage staff levels, wages, hours, contract labour to revenues
- Manage relationships with key operations vendors
- Track vendor pricing, rebates and service levels
- Review and approve all operational invoices and ensure they are submitted for payment
- Serve as primary point of contact when there are customer issues related to equipment quality, customer service, or accidents and mishaps on-site. In particular, this includes any issues on-site at client facilities, such as breaking a fence or tape residue on flooring.
- Communicate customer issues with operations team and devise ways of improving the customer experience, including resolving problems and complaints
- Work closely with management team to set and/or implement policies, procedures and systems and to follow through with implementation.
- Communicate all operating policies and/or issues at department meetings
Experience & Education:
- Bachelor’s degree from university required, preferably in a Technical Discipline such as engineering or science; MBA or advanced degree a huge asset.
- Minimum of 10 years manufacturing and operations experience (3 years of leadership)
- Formal Lean Manufacturing training with proven experience successfully applying Lean principles into action in a production facility.
- Experience with quality assurance systems such as ISO9001.
- A passion for applying GEMBA principles to promote continuous improvement by active presence on the shop floor with a hands-on approach to Leadership.
- Experience with demand and supply planning for an organization.
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities.
- Must be well organized and able to efficiently and effectively manage multiple complex activities simultaneously.
- Well-developed communication skills both written and oral with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with Microsoft products including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Previous experience with ERP systems a plus.
- Ability to develop partnerships and collaborate with senior management.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and business acumen
- Process focused with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment that is constantly changing
- Proven project management skills – must be able to handle multiple projects with different deadlines, deliverables and key stakeholders to report to
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, impeccable interpersonal skills, and ability to resolve conflict
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ability to pick up new technology and software easily
Reference ID: https://employers.indeed.com/WAG-DirOps
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $100,000.00 to $130,000.00 /year
- Extended Health Care
- Paid Time Off