Citizen Watch Canada represents the sales and marketing for the Citizen Group within the Canadian markets. The brands included within Citizen Watch Canada are Citizen, Bulova, Frederique Constant, Alpina, and Ateliers deMonaco. Each individual brand builds upon their very distinctive identities in the market with their unique, differentiated advertising, marketing and brand campaigns. As a combined company, however, the brands can assist each other and leverage the power that a larger unified entity brings.
Our vision is to lead the affordable luxury watch market by offering the most compelling collection of brands and products that are loved, favored, and respected by citizens of the world.
We will continue to leverage our heritage and expertise to enrich the lives of our current and future customers and Employees through unparalleled excellence in creativity, design, craftsmanship, innovation, technology, value, and service.
The Assistant Store Manager assists the General Manager in motivating and inspiring the sales team to achieve store productivity goals. They help the General Manager to analyze daily, weekly, and monthly sales. Assists in developing action plans to drive top line sales. Additional responsibilities include: managing payroll budgets to ensure store’s goals are on target, ensuring the individual and collective skills of the team are utilized effectively, and both the staff and customer experience is positive. Assists General Manager in recruiting and hiring appropriately to ensure store is fully staffed at all times. Effectively manages store operations, ensuring consistency and compliance.
This position is located at our Toronto Premium Outlets location.
Essential Job Duties
- Achieve the store’s sales and profit budgets through consistent sales motivation and expense control.
- Achieve the store’s payroll budget goals through effective staffing and sales productivity.
- Assists in recruiting, training, supervising , and retaining store staff.
- Monitors weekly schedule maximizing talent, payroll and store coverage.
- Ensure that associates are trained in all aspects of their job responsibilities including customer service, clientele, company history, product knowledge, visual merchandising and basic store operations.
- Model exemplary selling techniques and customer service.
- Motivate team to encourage positive work environment fostering friendly and service oriented atmosphere.
- Maintain adequate sales floor coverage.
- Track and ensure that KPI metrics are clearly communicated and achieved.
- Ensure that sales associates are developing and maintaining long-term clients through the effective use of customer service, client books, store and community events.
- Ensure that all product presentation is maintained to company standards
- Ensure that product transfers, receiving, customer repairs are accounted for with accuracy.
- Ensure that all visual and merchandising directives are implemented according to company standards.
- Analyze product sales performance and inventory needs and communicate to supervisor and retail team.
- Monitor the cleanliness and organization of the store.
- Maintain store safety and abide by local, state, and government regulations.
- Supervise the enforcement of company cash handling, loss prevention, store funds and deposit procedures.
- Ensure all administrative responsibilities are completed promptly and accurately.
- Identify and discuss operational issues and concerns with Regional Manager.
- Maintain efficient and organized office filing and in-store communication system.
- Regularly utilize store inventory audits to ensure consistent inventory control.
- Maintain a consistently clean and well-maintained sales floor and stock room.
- Utilize maintenance and visual merchandise checklists regularly to ensure store standards are consistently being met.
- Prepare and send nightly business recap.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred
- 1-3 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Retail jewelry and watch experience highly desirable.
Job Type: Full-time