Germain Hotels is a family run business originally from Québec that builds and operates Le Germain Hotels and Alt Hotels across the country. Ranked as one of Canada’s 50 best-managed companies, our reputation is based on the impeccable warmth and hospitality with which our team welcomes our guests as well as the stylish design and comfort of our properties. Each member of our team is chosen for their sincere desire to please and their ability to work in a team!
Location: Le Germain Hotel Calgary
Starting date: As soon as possible
Job status: Permanent, full-time (40 hours / week). Daytime hours including some weekends, on call in the nighttime.
Job Summary: Under the supervision of the Maintenance Manager, the Maintenance Technician performs indoor and outdoor general maintenance work. He must be able to perform mechanical tasks in the building, but also electrical tasks, plumbing, painting and various minor repairs.
- Responsible for maintaining the systems integrity of the facility boiler systems, pumps, ventilation systems, plumbing, water and sewage systems, the Energy Management System (EMS) and other building components under the direct supervision of the manager.
- Minor electrical work required such as changing ballasts, outlet, light fixtures, light bulbs and light switches within the Standard Operation Procedure.
- Ensure that appropriate service manuals, are utilized during preventive maintenance, repair or replacement of systems or components. In addition, adhere to sound engineering practices, building codes and follows safety precautions.
- Follow all company, safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance problems, safety hazards, accidents, or injuries; and complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure adherence to quality expectations and standards. Visually inspect tools, equipment, and machines.
- Assist with moving, lifting, carrying, and placing of objects weighing in excess of 100 pounds. Move up and down stairs, service ramps, and/or ladder.
- Follow manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedules and procedures. Ensure that appropriate logs and records are current.
- Assist in maintaining an up to date technical library on all mechanical and boiler-related systems and components.
- Actively participate in the Maintenance Department preventive maintenance program.
- Ensure that work orders are completed; time sheets properly reflect each day's activity.
- Perform both inside and outside maintenance and repair functions.
- Advise of system failures and, when directed take appropriate actions.
- Promote a safe working environment by practicing safe work habits.
Requirements of the position:
- 1 to 2 years of experience
- High school Diploma, DCS (or college diploma) or an equivalent is an asset
- Technical Degree in electricity , plumbing or stationary engine, mandatory
- Knowledge of boiler systems, pumps, ventilation systems, electrical, plumbing, water and sewage systems and other general maintenance work.
- Fitness, autonomy, resourcefulness, good customer service and attention to detail
- Be able to use a computer.
- Be fully available every weekend.
- Have a valid driver’s licence and a car
- Spoken and written language : English. French (an asset)
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Technician: 1 year (Preferred)