Akhurst’s Mission, Values, and Behaviours
Akhurst’s Mission is to enhance customer profitability by providing effective machinery solutions and support.
Our core values are family, integrity and teamwork, “F.I.T.”
We reflect our values through our behaviour. Our actions build trust, creating a safe environment for people to show initiative, encouraging communication that is direct, open and respectful. We invite diverse thinking and work collaboratively, recognizing that once decisions are made, they are respected and acted upon.
How this Position Supports Akhurst
As an integral member of the team creating a cost effective, excellent customer experience, the Account Representative is responsible for servicing existing customers as well as sourcing new business for a specific assigned sales territory. Akhurst relies on the Account Representative to make good business decisions that reflect an effective use of company resources. The incumbent will be a high energy, self-motivated and outgoing professional with a take-charge attitude and a desire to work in a challenging environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Vice-President, Sales, the duties and responsibilities of the Account Representative include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prospect the assigned sales territory, generating quality sales leads and accurately identifying the prospective customer’s needs;
- Use a proactive and structured approach to maximize the number of productive sales calls in a day;
- As an ambassador of Akhurst, communicate product information and respond to prospective customer inquiries professionally in alignment with corporate values;
- Collaborate with Sales Administrators and/or Product Specialists to develop accurate customer proposals/quotes from sales leads that have been generated;
- To support quote development, provide timely, detailed and complete customer and product information to the Sales Administrator or designate;
- Present quote to customer as appropriate and follow up with customer on quote status on a timely basis;
- Respond to website and telephone customer inquiries or leads within one business day; and
- Close sales orders to meet assigned sales targets.
- Service existing customers in the assigned sales territory, maintaining strong customer relationships in alignment with the Akhurst customer service standards;
- Act as a valued resource to customers, maintaining up-to-date technical knowledge in all relevant product lines by attending scheduled training sessions or self-sourcing information; and
- Handle customer concerns in an expeditious and professional manner, escalating to management as appropriate to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction, in alignment with Akhurst customer service standards.
- Maintain accurate customer/ prospective customer information in the company’s CRM system to keep all relevant parties up to date including:
o Record all relevant sales activities and interactions on a timely basis, logging
appointments, calls, emails, and tasks;
o Track opportunities through to sale; and
o Update and maintain contact information.
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office;
- Knowledge of Microsoft CRM an asset;
- Highly organized with a high level of accuracy, thoroughness and attention to detail;
- Ability to take the initiative with a proactive approach combined with exceptional follow-up skills;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Highly motivated and energetic, with a positive attitude and a pleasant and calm demeanour;
- Assertive and self-motivated, with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
- Proven ability to prioritize, multi-task, and think ahead to anticipate customer needs;
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Ability to travel to visit customers at their plant and attend trade shows; and
- Motivated to learn.
- Work normal business hours and may, from time to time, be required to do some work in the evenings or outside normal working hours; and
- Able to manage multiple opportunities, projects and deadlines
Akhurst's Core Values - Family, Integrity and Team Work (FIT)