Infinity Reef is an Edmonton-based digital marketing company. We work with our clients to create marketing and branding that helps them stand out from their competition. It’s working. They’re seeing increases in customer engagement. We’re growing organically based on the quality of work and being accountable to our clients.
As a small team, we’re dependent on each other to hold up their part of the business. Each member is a veteran of their discipline. And now we need a Front End Developer to add to our production team. The individual in this role will be responsible for creating fresh and interactive online experiences using innovative design and coding.
We’ll value you for your insight and good business practices, so this shouldn’t be your first time doing this. We’ll be here for you, but you need to have the skill set, confidence and ownership of your role to hit the ground running.
The Bullet Points
- Day-to-day web and digital marketing needs
- Landing page creation, content changes, website display layer build-outs, template modification, HTML/CSS/JS needs as required across all production teams and projects.
- Create new websites and continually improve and enhance existing web properties to support marketing and communication initiatives
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders
- Consult closely with management to translate business needs into cohesive customer-centric web solutions that align with the company’s goals
- Stay atop new website design and development trends
- Ensure new and existing website are SEO optimized to ensure potential clients find us easily
Required Education, Skills and Qualifications
- 2+ years experience responsive web coding in a professional environment
- University degree and/or technical school diploma to support the above
- Deep understanding of UI/UX design
- Solid understanding of SEO principles
- Proficient with cross-browser compatibility
- Experience with WordPress/ WooCommerce (and WordPress plugins) as a content management system
- Takes ownership of his/her work, and works well in a team environment
- Effective written and oral communication targeting non-technical audiences
- Effective at gathering client information and using active listening skills
- Ability to work both independently or take specific direction from project managers
- Enjoys learning and staying abreast of emerging design/development trends
- An understanding of automated testing frameworks and accessibility standard implementations.
- Familiarity with tools like the Adobe creative suite
Tell us what you’re looking for in this position that might have been missing from your previous roles. We spend a lot of hours doing this work. We’d like to think we value a good workplace as much as the bottom line.
Job Type: Full-time
- Web Development: 2 years (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19