The Pointe Restaurant at the Wickaninnish Inn is looking for service professionals that are genuinely passionate about delivering the Perfect Guest Experience for each and every Guest. We are currently accepting applications for the position of Fine Dining Server for day services. This position is a great opportunity to learn both Food and Beverage aspects in the Hospitality industry!
- Be true to the mission statements of the Inn. Constantly ensure that the “5 C” standards of Relais & Chateaux, the AAA standards and Wickaninnish service philosophies are followed.
- Lead by example and be a pro-active member of The Pointe Restaurant Team.
- Informing patrons of available food & beverage options, assisting in selection if requested
- Bring the selected food & beverage to the correct patron, displaying the meal in a manner suitable for 4 & 5 Diamond establishments.
- Assistance in selection of the appropriate wine or spirit to accompany the meal.
- Working in a team environment
- Preparation of dining room for ensuing shifts
- Balancing of cash-outs
- Some duties may change due to COVID-19 operating regulations/standards
The successful candidate must possess the following:
- Willingness to learn in a team environment while providing personalized service at AAA 4 & 5 Diamond Standard Levels.
- Previous experience in a fine dining restaurant environment
- Knowledge of food, wine, beer and spirits
- An appreciation for detail, and a passion for guest service
- Professional and positive attitude in every aspect of the position
- Consistent punctuality and dedication
- A calm, polite and composed demeanour
- A desire to contribute exciting and innovative ideas towards the ongoing improvement of The Pointe Restaurant and the Wickaninnish Inn as a whole.
- Valid Serving It Right Certification
- Self-motivation in learning extensively about wines and spirits.
- Sommelier Certification an asset.
- Knowledgeable use of Squirrel computer system
- Ability to maintain all COVID-19 operating regulations/standards
- Ability to commit 1 year to the position
By submitting an application you are attesting that the information given is accurate and you give consent to The Wickaninnish Inn to verify through means of previous employer contact and collection of information directly or in directly through public social media. Due to the volume of applications we will only be contacting applicants that we feel are most compatible with our property.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental Care
- Disability Insurance
- Discounted or Free Food
- Extended Health Care
- Life Insurance
- RRSP Match
- Vision Care