Title: Dispatcher (minimum 1 year experience must)
Shift - 6 days per week
Flexibility required to work in evenings and nights.
The Dispatcher is responsible for the scheduling and dispatching of drivers, and equipment for conveyance of materials, freight, or service rendered outside the place of business. The Dispatcher's responsibilities also consist of assigning drivers to trucks and providing accurate directions to pickup and delivery facilities. The role includes providing support in a fast paced, high call volume office environment and will assist in completing operational and data entry tasks as necessary in a timely and accurate manner.
- Check / respond to emails in a timely manner.
- Obtain and verify paperwork.
- Data entry for U.S. to Canada shipments.
- Create A8A for inbound shipments.
- Take initiative to create solutions that may arise with regards to border issues.
- Assist Customer Service and Dispatch at all times.
- Creating manifests.
- Filling out Customs forms.
- Updating reports.
- Actively resolve any job-related issues as they arise, such as arranging for maintenance in case of truck breakdown.
- Prepare and submit progress and other reports.
- Oversee all communications within specifically assigned territories.
- Advise personnel about traffic problems such as construction areas, accidents, congestion, weather conditions, and other hazards.
- Monitor personnel and/or equipment locations and utilization in order to coordinate service and schedules.
- Manage a real-time transportation database reflecting rates, equipment, origin/destination pairs, fuel surcharges, carrier insurance, etc.
- Adhere to corporate and departmental policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
- High school diploma or GED required
- Transportation industry knowledge and experience required (i.e. shipping/receiving, scheduling, freight negotiations and regulatory requirements).
- Must have sound knowledge of US and Canadian Customs procedures
- Experience with Fleet Manager, TMW, and Avaal Software are a major asset.
- Customs knowledge (PAPS/PARS) and experience an asset
- Sound computer skills - Outlook, Excel, Word.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times.
- Able to work well under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Very organized, with excellent multi-tasking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service/communication skills.
Please note that while we appreciate all applications, only those being considered will be contacted.
NO PHONE CALLS OR AGENCIES PLEASE!
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $20.00-$22.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- US Dispatch: 1 year (preferred)
- Night Shift (preferred)
- Overnight Shift (preferred)
Work Location: One location