Join our team and grow your career with us!
LiteZone Glass Inc. is a clean technology company that manufactures LiteZone®, a next generation, patented, insulating glass unit (IGU) that achieves ultra-high insulating values and extreme longevity. LiteZone® glass units make possible the world’s most energy efficient and longest lasting windows. LiteZone received the prestigious Canada Green Building Council, Product of the Year Award in 2016.
After years of research and development, LiteZone Glass Inc. recently commissioned its new manufacturing facility in southeast Edmonton, AB and commenced commercial production of LiteZone®. The company is now expanding its organization with talented people that are excited about the opportunity to work for an innovative new cleantech company with a remarkable growth potential.
We are seeking an individual to join our manufacturing team as the Plant Superintendent. Working at our Edmonton manufacturing facility, the successful candidate will oversee the day to day operations of the manufacturing plant; including the supervision and enabling of plant floor staff, the coordination of workflow through the factory, and the optimization of manufacturing processes to achieve production targets, schedules and product quality standards. The Plant Superintendent will report to the Vice President Manufacturing and be an integral member of our team whose mission is to ensure the Company has sufficient manufacturing capacity to achieve aggressive sales growth in Canada and the USA.
The successful candidate will be conscientious, adaptable, and driven to achieve team and company success; and will have the aptitude and desire to eventually accept more responsibility in a leadership role within our manufacturing team.
LiteZone® is a new technology that is constructed much differently from conventional insulating glass units and achieves previously unheard-of performance values. Learning the technical aspects of LiteZone®, and its unique manufacturing requirements, will be essential to the success of the Plant Superintendent.
· Professional Engineer, Engineering Technologist, or related post-secondary education with relevant experience.
· Mechanical, production or industrial engineering background preferred.
· APEGA or ASET member is an asset.
· At least 5 years’ experience in a leadership capacity in a manufacturing environment.
· Previous experience in the glazing or fenestration industry is an asset.
· Previous experience in manufacturing insulating glass units, windows or other building products is an asset.
· Experience with equipment design and automation is an asset.
· Proficient at reading and interpreting engineering drawings.
· Strong leadership, communication, training, and interpersonal skills; able to work with all levels of management and employees.
· Highly adaptable, innovative, and conscientious.
· Practices personal integrity, accountability, and professional conduct.
· Competent in effective organizational and time management skills and processes.
· Works proficiently and productively both with a team and autonomously.
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs; Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
· Proficiency with MS Project, OneNote, TEAM, and AutoCAD is an asset.
· Capable and keen to tackle new learning and develop new skills.
· Strives for a standard of excellence.
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Excellent English language skills including verbal, written and conversational.
· Comfortable working and leading in an entrepreneurial setting.
· Valid Canadian driver’s license with a good driving record.
· Could pass a Criminal Records Check.
· Oversee the day to day operations of the manufacturing plant.
· Supervise, organize, and enable plant floor staff.
· Coordinate the workflow through the factory to achieve the manufacturing schedule and the target production rates.
· Optimize manufacturing processes to improve production efficiencies.
· Contribute to the design and improvement of equipment and tools used in the production process.
· Assist with the organization and design of a second manufacturing facility as production capacity of the current facility is reached.
· Ensure products manufactured meet quality standards.
· Assist in hiring, train, coach, and provide strong leadership to maintain an enabled, motivated, and effective team of production staff.
· Develop and enforce occupational health and safety policies and procedures; collaborate with management and lead by example to ensure a “safety first” culture.
· Ensure the manufacturing facility is consistently well organized, clear of debris, and the floor is kept clean.
· Ensure proper storage, security and appropriate inventory of manufacturing materials, equipment, and supplies.
· Work “hands on” with manufacturing staff to fabricate and assemble parts when necessary to achieve production targets and schedules.
· Develop a comprehensive understanding of LiteZone® products, applications, manufacturing processes, customers, markets, and our industry.
· Working with your manager, identify and explore opportunities for continuing education and professional development to further your competence and career at LiteZone Glass Inc.
· Ensure your behavior and attitude aligns with our company core values of mutual respect; honesty; diligence; open mindedness; team collaboration; continuous improvement; open communication; best practices; win-win solutions; safety first; company pride.
· Contribute positively to our company culture and be an admirable ambassador for our company.
· Competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
· Health benefits package upon completion of probation period.
How to Apply
Please email your resume, with “Competition #20-03” in the subject line, to the attention of “Human Resources”. We thank all applicants and wish you all the best. Those who are short-listed will be contacted.
Application Deadline: Wednesday, July 15th, 2020
Reference ID: #20-03
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent