Through its services and products, CCOHS advances health and safety in Canadian workplaces, and the physical and mental well being of Canadians.
The IT Development and Operations Service Unit provides computer and information technology support to CCOHS products, services and operations under an integrated, mission focused Information Technology (IT) strategy incorporating the most appropriate IT infrastructure tools and processes to support mission-critical functions. The IT Development and Operations Service Unit is responsible for the analysis, design and development of computer system products; the production and delivery of information products; the design, development and maintenance of databases; development and management of the CCOHS web site and web sites for partner organizations; and the management and delivery of projects assigned to the unit.
The Senior Systems Analyst is responsible for the strategic analysis, design and implementation of assigned applications used to support CCOHS products and services. The incumbent is the leader of CCOHS main website and e-commerce development/support team and may lead other web development projects as needed.
- Analyzes business requirements and client needs; designs, develops, and maintains sustainable applications. Builds applications, web services and web sites using proper technologies and platforms following best practices, or interact with other systems or software, such as ERP (Acumatica), Web Information Service, e-learning systems or third-party service providers. Tests for consistent and flexible delivery to web and mobile device platforms.
- Leads CCOHS website/e-commerce development team by assigning tasks and providing guidance to team members, conducting final reviews of development work and approving the deployment of software updates to the live site.
- Sets up, manages and maintains CCOHS website and e-commerce production and development environment including web servers, MySQL database servers, containers on cloud platforms such as AWS, as well as in CCOHS. Designs and builds production update and deployment procedures following CI/CD technologies and DevOps best practices.
- Conducts research on relevant technologies and best practices, and provides recommendations regarding database design, technical support, trouble-shooting, performance tuning and security review for websites including CCOHS main website, as well as databases such as MySQL databases to support CCOHS strategic goals.
- Documents system structures and processes and any changes to existing systems. Prepares regular reports pertaining to the above and performs other related duties, as required.
- A university degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Mathematics, or college diploma with concentration in computer technology or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficiency in using Linux operating system including tools and command lines. Comfortable with writing scripts using scripting languages such as bash and csh etc. in server environment. Experience with other operating systems such as Windows Server.
- Five years experience with relational DBMS such as MySQL and hands-on experience in writing SQL scripts in database as well as programming. Also beneficial is experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- Hands-on experience in setting up containerized web production environment including servers, web applications and supporting tools using Docker containers and Cloud Services such as AWS.
- Good understanding of full software development life cycle and DevOps best practices such as CI/CD and unit/automated testing. Good knowledges of web service standards such as REST or SOAP and experience with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and GitLab. Working experience with source code version control systems such as SVN, Git or GitLab.
- Two years’ experience with leading or managing projects and preparing project/work plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications (oral and written) skills.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to jobs @ ccohs.ca quoting file reference number IT-061 and position title Senior Systems Analyst. Please apply by Sunday, February 2, 2020.
For more information about this opportunity, please visit https://www.ccohs.ca/ccohs/careers.html
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted. No phone calls or agencies please.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $89,297.00 to $108,207.00 /year
- relational DBMS: 5 years (Required)
- web development: 5 years (Required)
- leading/managing projects: 2 years (Required)