There’s Never been a better time to be part of BMO
We’ve set our sights on being the bank that defines great customer experience. Our customers’ needs are changing and so are we.
Everyone who works here has a role to play in making a difference for our customers. Every day.
It’s an amazing feeling when you know you’re making a customer’s life better, and you can do it at BMO – whether you’re imagining a new product, designing a customer experience, streamlining an application, launching a marketing campaign or just being there in a very human way with the right answer.
North American Retail Payments is the largest Mastercard Issuer in Canada. BMO Consumer and Business credit card are distributed nationally, leveraging our retail distribution network, direct response changes and key co-brand & Affinity partnerships, including Air Miles. Payments Cards Services team provides oversight of all strategic and run initiatives in addition to platform optimization in partnership with our key Suppliers. This is an energized, diverse and fun team. If you want to experience Being BMO, help make customer’s life better, and have an incredible career, join our family.
This senior level position is responsible for the execution of BMO cards portfolio initiatives requiring platform changes. The incumbent is responsible for balancing resources across portfolio of strategic, mandatory, and run initiatives across North America, for Corporate, Retail and Small Business cards groups. The senior manager will work closely with business partners to prioritize pipeline and execute within timelines established to meet strategic business objectives while mitigating risk to BMO.
Candidate will have primary oversight for a team of managers and business analysts in a high volume, quick paced payment system environment. They will provide input for planning, sourcing, directing and monitoring workflow including project prioritization, execution and implementation.
This role is responsible to collaborate with Vendors, Product, Project and change management, Operational compliance, Analytics and Process teams to ensure all priorities are addressed, they will deliver risk mitigated system configuration through the application of robust SDLC practices.
Ideal candidate will have domain expertise spanning the entire credit risk lifecycle from targeting and selection; application processing; ongoing fraud prevention, detection and recovery; account management; and collections/recovery with a focus on product, account and card systems and incident resolution.
The incumbent will have a background working with new technology, payments innovation and possess exceptional change management and people leadership skills. A creative, strategic thinker who is hypothesis driven and uses a combination of experience, data, judgment & pattern recognition to learn and move quickly; they will define, develop and lead programs to achieve game changing operational results.
- A senior leadership role responsible for providing system configuration solutions that underpin the long-term growth of the Payment cards portfolio.
- Oversees teams that capture and deliver the strategic functional requirements of the product team through configuration features, and capabilities that are scalable to be leveraged in subsequent decisions.
- Guides the overall planning, analysis, formulation and implementation of best in class change processes.
- Creates an environment of continuous improvement through lean manufacturing methods and the elimination of operational waste
- Builds strong working relationships with external vendors and payments ecosystem players; across internal partner teams and groups e.g. technology, operational risk, change management, call center, fraud etc.
- Partner with other senior leaders to collaboratively develop strategies in key performance indicators to consistently deliver best change practices.
- Responsible for creating a culture of customer focused employees through delivering configurations and operational excellence of high quality and in a consistent manner The candidate must effectively lead team members, build a positive, high-performing culture and create a great place to work.
- Oversees the hiring, performance management and development of the management team. Provides continuous coaching with regard to functional and leadership standards (technical skills and behaviors). Lead and motivate teams to perform at high levels; inspire a culture of high productivity, quality and client satisfaction
This position requires strong leadership, analytical and problem-solving skills. The chosen candidate must be a mature leader who is able to work with minimal supervision, lead a large team effectively, contribute to a positive work environment, and manage multiple assignments with competing priorities successfully.
- University degree or Business diploma with professional experience.
- Minimum 6-8 years of professional experience in a financial services technology environment and/or; experience in Cards and Payments
- Related professional experience including a minimum of 8 years’ experience in a managerial position
- MBA an asset; Prior TSYS, payment or technology industry experience is preferred
- Solid business knowledge in the Finance, Banking, Payments Industry
- Knowledge of TS2 system, and other peripheral systems is an asset
- Proven leadership and management skills and experience in leading groups.
- Excellent communication skills (written, verbal)
- Strong influence, relationship and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytic mindset focused measuring impact of initiatives and programs, supported by metrics
- Ability to deliver results under tight timelines and budgets
- Ability to bring structure and scalability to ambiguous environments and situations
- Strong work ethic, highly organized, and able to manage multiple concurrently
- Excel in a fast pace, dynamic environment
- Self-starter, driven, willingness to take ownership and initiative
- Strong relationship management and interpersonal skills
- Good knowledge of regulatory compliance environment in Canada and US
- Strong knowledge and experience with project life cycles and practices
- Strong understanding of the Vendor Project Mythologies (CLM, TSDM)
We’re here to help
At BMO we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the centre of everything we do – helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future—the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we’re changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmocareers.com
BMO is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
Job Project & Change Management
Primary Location Canada-Ontario-Toronto
Organisation NA Pers & US Bus Bkg-X000004
Job Posting 10/01/19
Unposting Date 12/01/19