Nippon Expressis a global leader in the freight forwarding industry. With offices stretching from Vancouver to Montreal, we provide a wide variety of services including Air and Ocean freight forwarding, Warehousing and Distribution, Customs Brokerage and much more. Our global presence allows us to be one of the largest transportation providers in the world and our reputation has made us a leader in the industry. For more information, please visit our corporate website at http://www.nipponexpress.com
We are currently looking for a full-time Warehouse Workerto join our Warehouse/Distribution Division at our Toronto Branch in Mississauga, ON. This position starts with 1 year contract, however, there is possibility to lead to a permanent position.
Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor/Team Leader, you will be responsible for general warehouse/distribution activities including receiving shipments, picking orders, packing, labelling and shipping out using forklifts as well as scanning devices.
- Operate up to 3 different types of lifting equipment - counter balance, reach trucks and cherry pickers
- Unload cargo from truck trailers and various ocean containers
- Check and put away received cargo to the designated areas
- Print and check shipping orders
- Pick orders and prepare them for safe transport
- Work on Special projects and repacking operations
- Load cargo into truck trailers or various ocean containers
- Work on same day shipping
- Responsible for quality control; Damaged cargo coming into the warehouse must be signed for as damaged and the damaged materials must not be shipped. Both instances must be reported to the warehouse supervisor immediately
- Responsible for verifying all documentation (way bills, packing lists, etc)
- Use customer’s warehousing management system and maintain accuracy of inventory
- Communicate with client representatives and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, objectives and business ethics
- Practice safe warehouse procedures, identify potential hazards, and recommend improvements where necessary
- Report any work-related injuries or accidents to Supervisor/Manager
- Maintain warehouse in a neat, orderly and efficient fashion
- Various other duties as may be required
- Experience in general warehousing in 3PL environment
- Experience with various WMS, shipping systems Fed EX , Purolator UPS etc
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Average fitness level, lifting up to 30 lb
- Required to operate counter balance, reach trucks and cherry pickers (lifting Equipment)
We thank all applicants for your interest in Nippon Express, however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Nippon Express is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection process. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise us if you require accommodation.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- warehouse: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forklift Licence (Preferred)