JOB TITLE: Camp Counsellor
DEPARTMENT: Parks, Recreation & Culture
SALARY LEVEL: $14.00/hour **under review**
LOCATION: Municipal Centre, 2585 King Road, King City
Implements and engages camp participants in interactive activities including organized arts and crafts, singing, sports activities, games and field trips while maintaining a safe environment.
Recreation Services Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains safety and supervision of all campers including upholding and abiding by ratio expectations.
- Assists in the implementation of daily camp programming.
- Assists in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports and behaviour tracking forms where required.
- Organizes and leads a variety of small and large group activities daily both indoors and outdoors.
- Assists with set-up and clean-up of camp events, activities and programs.
- Practices risk management skills to ensure the safety and well being of all campers and staff, taking mitigating actions to address any risks.
- Actively participates in and oversees water activities when applicable.
- Assists with the mentorship of volunteers and weekly evaluations.
- Models and practices HIGH FIVE® – Principles of Healthy Childhood Development (Participation, Play, Mastery, Friends and Caring Adult).
- Assists Program Coordinators in the following program areas:
- Outdoor Education
- The Arts
- Youth Leadership
- Specialty Sports: Skateboard & Scooter, Mountain Biking, Hockey, Chess & Badminton, Basketball, Volleyball, Soccer (Please specify) Qualifications:
- Minimum of 16 years of age.
- Minimum of one (1) year of experience working with children.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Valid First Aid & CPR-C Certification.
- HIGH FIVE® certification is considered an asset. Conditions of Employment:
- Required to work outside and follow all operating procedures and safety policies of the Township of King.
- Required to deal courteously and effectively with the general public, staff and other departments. Upon hire, completion of HIGH FIVE® Principles of Healthy Child Development, Standard First Aid and CPR-C and submission of a Vulnerable Sector Screening are required.
- Must be available to work the duration of the contract, in full.
- Hours of work will be between 7:30AM – 6:00PM, Monday to Friday.
- Period of Employment: June 13, 2020 – September 4, 2020
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- working with children: 1 year (Preferred)
- High Five (Preferred)
- First Aid and CPR-C (Required)