The Logistic Specialist is responsible for arranging the accurate and timely shipment of goods to our customers and/or suppliers. This position must also provide production orders to the shop floor in a timely manner. This position provides backup support for other positions, as requested.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
- Create, maintain and adhere to policies and/or procedures for Logistics activities within the scope of ISO 9001:2015
- Create shipping documentation including bills of lading, shipping labels and export paperwork (B13s, NAFTA, Certificates of Origin, Proforma Invoices, HS codes, packing slips, etc.)
- Route outgoing shipments through various freight forwarders and schedule transportation of shipments for Canadian, US and international shipments
- Participate in the daily (morning) and weekly Production Meetings and communicate status of high priority and/or international orders and any related issues.
- Collaborate with Customer Service, Planners, Sartell and Shop Lead to ensure every effort is made to achieve Customer delivery date(s).
- Communicate accurate order / shipment / export details to Customer Service and Accounting
- Maintain receiving & shipping files, issue report and respond to inquiries regarding the status of shipments
- Process receipts of incoming goods from Supplier Packing Lists.
- Maintain details to support the reporting of Key Performance Indicators (i.e. On-time-delivery)
- Scan, fax, file appropriate documents as required
- Assist Accounting and/or Customer Service regarding any shipping/receiving issues
- Prepare and follow up on freight claims
- Maintain HT Codes, Tariff Codes, etc. as it relates to Customs requirements, within Baan.
- Process job packs and adjust BOMs accordingly
- Ensure compliance to (and share knowledge of) all relevant import/export law and procedures; tariffs and duties; licenses and restrictions.
- Identify and help to implement process improvements, with the functional role.
- Participate in and provide assistance with Lean Initiatives and Special Projects, as assigned.
- Follow all DeZURIK safety standards
- Follow all rules and regulations included in the DeZURIK Employee Handbook
- Report any hazards, near-misses or incidents that you notice or are involved in
- Determine and discuss with supervisor any potential process improvements
- Shared responsibility for demonstrating professionalism and respect for all employees of DeZURIK
- Participate in and provide assistance with the annual physical inventory count
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- CITT-Certified Logistic Professional designation would be considered an asset
- Post secondary education in supply chain, warehouse management or related field of study
- 5-10 years’ experience with domestic and international logistics
- Computer literate: Microsoft Excel, Word
- Previous experience with an ERP system (3 Years)
- Good verbal and written communication skills to effectively communicate with people at all levels of business including customers, reps and all departments
- Attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent problem solving skills (with minimal supervision)
- Excellent personal discipline and work ethic with respect to time and attendance
- A positive “let’s do it” attitude
- Ability to work in and contribute to a team building environment
- Normal office demands with occasional extended hours.
A fast paced office / manufacturing environment.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Quality encompasses all aspects of DeZURIK’s business, and every employee shares the responsibility to prevent the occurrence of any nonconformity relating to product, process and the quality system. All employees have an obligation to identify and record any such nonconformity, and, through designated channels, initiate and recommend solutions.
Job Type: Full-time