Title: Technical Sales Manager, Canada West
Location: Vancouver, BC (or Vancouver Island – Campbell River)
Employment Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Reporting To: Commercial Manager
Reporting to the Commercial and Marketing Director, the Sales Manager formulates the sales policy for his/her sales department, within the OpCo sales strategy framework, and after approval by the Commercial Manager, implements it through effective design and management of the customers in order to ensure a strong, profitable growing sales operation, which meets the sales targets, and thereby contributes to the performance of the OpCo.
The Sales Manager will be responsible for expanding market share and boosting sales and profitability of the OpCo via domestic or international distribution companies or farmers. You will manage long lasting mutually profitable relationships with existing distributors and seeks new opportunities.
As the Sales Manager, your main duties and responsibilities will be:
Sales Strategy & Planning
- Create and execute the sales business plan and monthly rolling forecasts by regions and products.
- Coordinate the specific objectives of the Business Plan / Sales Plan with all functional departments of the company, especially marketing, operations and finance.
- Sets and agree annual and monthly targets for each individual local Technical Sales Representative and Account manager or distributor.
- Provide monthly updates on the sales plan. Responsible for execution, revisions and modifications to the plan.
- Plan new product entries and sales team deployment to capture new product business. Organize area wide strategies for Product launch.
- Develop the distribution and customer strategy and execute this strategy by channel, by product group and territory.
- Implement professional sales and distributor management. Implement the OpCo pricing and product strategy.
People & Organization
- Leading, guiding, coaching, motivating and directing the (small) sales force.
- Prospect and support the distributor with on-the-job sales training while visiting customers.
- Coordinate the effective use of Nutreco resources in the region and support to new distributors until they are established.
- Communicate with relevant Nutreco colleagues proactively on all developments in the area.
- Motivate, supervise, monitor & lead sales teams for top performance in a functional line.
- Provide input to evaluate local Technical Sales Representatives and Account Managers performance.
- Develop sales teams, both on product knowledge and on sales knowledge.
- Develop the composition and size of a local sales team in line with market and sales potential.
- Provide feedback on sales people performance and sales team organization proposals to Managing Director
- Participate actively in recruiting local Sales staff.
- Allocate areas and products to sales staff in close cooperation with local management.
- Understand sales people interactions and synergy opportunities with other local businesses.
- Understand sales people compensation plans, commission structures, and bonus providing targets.
- Field sales to key accounts and co-traveling with sales staff.
Key account management
- Develop and execute the (key) account management plan. Set targets, assign responsibilities, document follow up, communication plans, actions and progress frequently and closely align plans and actions with the Commercial Manager.
- Ensure transparent communication and action plans for all related or involved parties.
Market and customer knowledge for product development and technical support
- Collect market information and share the information with product management, technical management and pricing.
- Collect and channel ideas for product development based on market knowledge and support the product management, technical, communications and innovation staff with input from the market for product development.
- Execute field trials to support products and programs, in co-operation with the technical staff.
- Understand competition, customers and suppliers: competitor products, information, prices etc. and contribute from a customer and sales perspective to developing the right products to stay ahead of competition in the market.
- Report sales progress on a regular basis, and monthly feed forecast and evaluate sales according to budget.
- Product adaptations & presentations to capture growth in the area are induced, monitored, organized and executed.
- Distribution contracts, determine channels to market, distributor criteria, selection, contracting, execution, follow up in agreement with local and central requirements.
- Adapt sales plans to changing competitor moves or market changes.
· Experience in customer service/inside sales role.
· Working with an M3 system, preferably in a manufacturing environment.
- Highly skilled with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Experience with CRM software.
- Exceptional written and verbal.
- Passionate about providing value to the customer.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to handle high volume of data with accuracy.
- Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
- Adaptable and flexible to a changing environment.
- Able to perform under stressful conditions.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Aquaculture Industry: 5 years (Preferred)