Job Type: Regular
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You can join, as well, Agropur's extended family.
We are currently looking for 2 new mechanics (Industrial Millwright) for our team. One position is for the night shift and the second one for the afternoon shift.
Reporting to Maintenance Supervisor, performing a variety of maintenance services, must be able to work efficiently in resolving urgent issues. Specific duties include (but not limited to):
- Apply technical skills to perform a variety of tasks related to Inspection, adjusting, repairing, replacing, modifying, installing, assembling, disassembling dismantling , moving, aligning, leveling, maintaining, setting-up, lubricating, fabricating (parts), overhauling, improving, welding, cutting, and troubleshooting onnumerous types of machinery and equipment in the Production and Cooler departments.
- Analyze mechanical problems; provide quick and innovative solutions for equipment breakdowns by applying proven skills, diagnosing problems and carrying out the repairs in a timely and efficient manner.
- Perform inspections, preventive maintenance (PM) and corrective maintenance WO on all production equipment’s in an acceptable time frame.
- Operate a mill, lathe, drill press, grinder, saws, hoists, jacks, hand tools, squares, rules, micrometers, and all other machine shop and power tools Interpret blueprints and schematics, Engineering Drawings.
- Ensure implementations are according to regulation.
- Perform Lock out-Tag out, follow all corporate and plant workplace safety policies, regulations and compliances.
- Fill out Part Requisition form, Order needed parts/materials and assist in maintaining inventory of parts.
- Assist and help trades and co-workers on their work based on request (plumber, mechanics, electricians, …).
- Set-up, takedown and relocation of process and packaging equipment.
- Maintain a detailed and up to date log of all activities in Daily Log Sheet.
- Communicate with co-workers and other trades; make decisions in emergency situations.
- Promptly respond to equipment related issues with customer-oriented manner.
- Be self-motivated, lead by example with a positive attitude and outlook in the company.
- Work well in a team environment and desire to learn new tasks every day.
- Minimum grade 12 High School Diploma with valid Canadian Industrial Millwright License.
- Minimum 5 years of Current Canadian experienceworking as Industrial Maintenance Millwright in Manufacturing (Food, Beverage, or Pharmaceutical Processing Plant).
- Extensive hands-on and working knowledge on: high speed packaging machines (is a must), all kind of chain and belt conveyors, de-palletizers, hydraulic drives , casers, stackers and de-stackers, homogenizers, separators, High speed Aseptic Fillers, gear boxes and pumps.
- Highly adept in fabrication, machining shop tools, Stick Welding and Oxyacetylene torch.
- Good knowledge of preventive maintenance programs.
- Working knowledge of computerized maintenance management software.
- Working experience and familiar with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and HACCP/SQF Audits.
- Adhere to all Health and Safety Policies.
- Excellent practical knowledge on:
- Hot Work, WHIMS, Lock out-Tag Out.
- Strong oral and written communications skills and interpersonal skills Must be:
- An excellent problem solver and with strong troubleshooting skills.
- A Safety-Oriented Employee with a positive “can do attitude”.
- Able to read & follow complex manuals, instructions, procedures, and Engineering Drawing.
- Capable of ordering required parts (with technical description in his/her area).
- Capable of working at heights (on Scissor lift, Platform, Ladder, … ).
- Able to perform physical tasks require climbing, lifting, pushing, pulling from heights.
- Able to safely lift up and grab load min 50lbs.
- Holding extensive Math Skills with strong attention to details.
- Able to work independently with little supervision.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Able to work indoors and outdoors.
- Maintain cleanliness of the Maintenance shop, stock rooms and any working area.
- Multitasked in a fast-paced environment with lots of change.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned.
The Maintenance Mechanic is a unionized position - the salary, benefit plan, and pension plan is based on current collective agreement standards.
Please submit your resumevia this website.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Hands on experience with high speed packaging machines: 1 year (Preferred)
- Stick Welding and Oxyacetylene torch: 1 year (Preferred)
- Capable of ordering parts: 1 year (Preferred)
- Experience with GMP and HACCP/SQF Audits: 1 year (Preferred)
- Working at heights - Able to climb, push, pull, lift: 1 year (Preferred)
- License with minimum of 3- 5 yrs Canadian experience (Preferred)