Our client is looking for someone with a passion for technology, data integrity and user experience to provide SME support while full-time staff implement a new HCM / Payroll system at the firm. The ideal candidate will provide support for the new HRIS (Ultimate Ultipro), including the business process analysis, mapping required payroll processes, advising on payroll processes, testing, updating and day-to-day maintenance of the HR & Payroll information system and related applications. In addition, this role will assist the payroll team with the on-going maintenance, processing, and auditing of employee data records and reports, ensuring information integrity and accuracy. Please Note: This is a 12-month contract role.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
Provides application support services, including:
- Acts as the primary liaison between the HR, IS, Payroll and accounting departments regarding software/systems integration,
- Advises on all payroll related processes as it applies to new systems implementation,
- Is considered the Payroll SME for all payroll processes,
- Installs and tests HR / Payroll information system updates, and tools to the new system (Ultimate Ultipro), required bank software, Impromptu report writing software and any other software used by Payroll and HR on a routine basis,
- Prepares routine and special reports including preparing semi-monthly benefits and pension interface files to insurance carriers,
- Provides assistance in preparing various insurance remittances,
- Sets up payroll process requirements as needed by the new implementation team for all matters related to payroll,
- Maintains data integrity by regularly reviewing data sources for accuracy and completeness
Provides user support services, including:
- Escalation point to support HRIS & Payroll managers with trouble shooting & fixes related to HRIS & Payroll issues,
- Works as an integral part of the payroll team, providing support and assistance in meeting deadlines,
- May perform duties similar to that of the Senior Payroll Clerk for complex payrolls,
- Provides expertise and hands-on assistance to ensure on-time, within-budget completion for all HRIS & Payroll projects by setting and measuring milestones,
- monitoring team performance; and tracking and evaluating the results of HR/Payroll initiatives.
- Education and Experience Minimum Five years’ Payroll/HRIS/HCM experience ideally in a professional services environment.
- An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable. Knowledge and Skills * Computer skills including proficiency with an Payroll/HRIS/HCM systems (preferably Ultimate Ultipro);
- Windows; and ability to develop in-depth knowledge of the Firm’s payroll and HR systems.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft office applications MS Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Attention to detail/proof-reading and editing skills.
- Oral and written communication skills; training experience an asset.
- Sound problem solving and analytical skills.
- Knowledge of accounting terminology and thorough understanding of payroll processes.
- Organization and multi-tasking skills and ability to manage projects through to completion and meet deadlines.
- Experience with Payroll/HRIS/HCM and/or payroll system conversions is desirable.
- Knowledge of database elements, relationships and query concepts.
- Experience with UltiPro would be considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only chosen applicants will be contacted. ARM is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, and we welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities and people with diverse backgrounds, identities, and cultures. Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks. If you have the required background with the ability to provide exceptional customer service and wish to work in an exciting growing firms, please apply in confidence with a cover letter and résumé.
Reference ID: HRIS/Payroll Specialist
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- HRIS / Payroll: 5 years (Preferred)