The Tower Operator/Internal Manager: Contributes to the operational effectiveness of the service department and to positive CSI results by maximizing shop productivity and by ensuring that all vehicles advance through the shop in a timely and efficient manner. Ensures all administrative paperwork is processed accordingly for warranty and internal work orders.
- Passion, motivation, focus and leadership skills.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Ability to influence, negotiate and mediate effectively.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Prioritize and dispatch work for the shop from customer repair order needs and requirements
- Maintain shop capacity, efficiency and productivity at all times
- Monitor the availability of technicians and inform Management and Service Advisors as needed
- Writing up used cars for safety inspections and making sure work needed is completed in an efficient manner
- Organizing delivery requests to ensure sold vehicles are ready for customers
- Identify and communicate opportunities to enhance workshop productivity and efficiency to Service Management
- Write work orders for preparation of New/Pre-Owned inventory for sale
- Advise Sales Management of additional work required and associated cost
- Process and dispatch internal repair orders for Sales Department inventory units to meet delivery times.
- Arrange and invoice sublet repairs for all vehicles
- Process invoices for vehicles and do close all work orders for month end
- Process and complete appropriate checklists and warranty registration for above vehicles
- Process all warranty claims in a timely manner, as the repair orders are closed.
- Review and process all returned/rejected/adjusted warranty claims, track each claim until its final resolution.
- Book the appropriate technicians for the hours earned on the operations performed. Informing the technician and department management of adjustments as they occur.
- Check each repair order against the vehicles’ service history to avoid processing duplicate claims or submitting claims for shop comebacks.
- Contact the appropriate warranty claims representative regarding any claims requiring additional authorization or for claims requiring special assistance.
- Maintain a record of all claims submitted, returned/rejected, or paid and their current status.
- Manage manufacturers and after-market warranty company policies and procedures
What We Look For:
- PBS v10 knowledge and training is considered an asset.
- Chrysler training/experience considered an asset
- Familiarity with automotive terminology and manufacturer warranties and procedures is preferred.
- Service Advisor or Automotive Technician experience in an asset.
- Excellent organization and multi-tasking expertise.
- Detail oriented with good analytical aptitude.
- Solid time management and decision making capabilities.
- Effective listening and communication skills.
- Computer literate.
Apply for a rewarding career today!
Job Type: Full-time
- Service Advisor and/or Tower Operator: 2 years (Required)
- Chrysler Dealership: 1 year (Preferred)