“Even though Absorb Software has grown a lot in the last couple of years, it still has a start-up feel. The casual working environment and the people make it such an awesome place to work and that has not changed even after we switched to a working from home environment due to the pandemic. There is always challenging work to keep yourself engaged and the opportunity to continuously learn.” Audere - Quality Assurance Analyst, Calgary
Are you known for always reading all sorts of books, soaking up any information you possibly can just so that you can understand and speak to the “why”. Or perhaps you are the one who is always signing up for tech talks and lunch and learns because you simply can’t get enough information. If this resonates with you, then look no further, as our Product team is looking for its next Quality Assurance Analyst who has a passion and willingness to learn to join the team!
We are currently looking for motivated and energetic individuals to join our Company to support or QA team in all its endeavors. Working closely with our ever-growing Product team, the successful applicant will join a fun and challenging multi-disciplinary group, that is passionate about supporting customers through continuous improvement of our core products.
You will have experience in web application testing with an understanding of the SaaS working environment. You are a true multi-tasker, who is team focused and a quality advocate, with a good mix of knowledge and people skills. Lastly, our fantastic QA Team is looking forward to helping someone grow their career or continue supporting it while having a great time!
- Work with the Quality Assurance, Development and Business Analyst teams to determine test approach and create test scenarios for user stories and new feature add ons’
- Perform manual testing which will include risk based, functional, smoke and regression testing
- Prioritize testing and coordinate testing effort to meet project deadlines
- Identify, record, address, track and close bugs; test both new features and bugs, support compatibility testing, develop and utilize software to capture performance data, and evaluate individual aspects of the software
- Provide QA support for our Production Deploys
- Help maintain and enhance QA process and procedures: knowing that the process is the guide, and passionate about software and constantly looking for ways to improve and learn is key
- Troubleshoots issues and helps determine root causes of software problems
- Post-secondary certification or degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 1-5 years maximum of experience in a QA function
- An understanding of Quality Assurance practices
- Experience with Web based applications
- Experience working with a rapid development cycle with a solid understanding of the Scrum methodology
- Ability to write test plans, testing scenarios, test cases and validate checklists
- Exposure to manual testing
- An understanding of quality assurance as part of the development and implementation process
- Understanding of Java code practices
Technologies we use:
- Absorb LMS, Jira, Confluence, Office 365
Absorb Software is a learning technology company based in Calgary, Alberta Canada, with offices in London, Dublin, Tampa, Boston and Sydney.
Absorb offers both Absorb Infuse, the first Learning Experience Platform (LXP) to offer a true in-the-flow learning experience, and our flagship product, Absorb LMS, an industry-leading and award-winning Learning Management System for businesses, higher education, government and non-profit agencies around the world. Absorb is setting new standards in learning technology and support, fueling companies who believe that people are their greatest asset.
We exceed expectations across enterprises, industries and continents, helping people learn at the speed of now and preparing companies for the future of work. How do we do it better? We pay attention to the details and go deep where it matters. Turning a culture of learning into a revenue engine for global titans the world over.
Care to join us?
Why work at Absorb Software?
- This position is eligible for participation in Absorb’s Incentive program as outlined in Absorb’s Incentive Program Policy.
- RRSP match program.
- Employer paid benefits: health, dental and vision.
- Professional development plans.
- Career progression/internal mobility opportunities.
- Inclusive work environment.
- Casual dress code.
- Volunteering opportunities.
- Company/team building events.
- Games room, meditation & yoga space, state of the art workplace. (Only for Canada)
- Flexible remote working options for selected roles:
- This role allows employee to have a hybrid remote working option (work from home and work from office options).
- This role can be fully remote.
Additional requirements/information for candidates:
- In the event a current Absorb employee would like to apply for this role they will inform their supervisor prior to submitting their application.
- This position will be subject to pre-employment background screening, including a criminal record check.
- The successful candidate must be able to show proof of legal eligibility to work in Canada without sponsorship.
- The successful candidate must be able to temporarily work remotely during the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Incomplete online applications will not be considered.
- Applicants will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found.
Absorb Software (Absorb) is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating a safe and inclusive environment for all our people. Absorb is committed to providing employees with an environment free of discrimination, bullying and harassment. All employment decisions at Absorb are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. We will maintain our commitment to and support of equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, national/ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, marital status, family status, genetic characteristics or disability. Our commitment to equal employment opportunity extends to any other protected classes which may exist under applicable law.
We acknowledge and are mindful that our Calgary, Alberta operations are located on traditional territories of the Blackfoot Confederacy (Siksika Kainai), the TsuuT’ina, the Îyâxe Nakoda Nations, the Metis Nation (Region 3) and many diverse Inuit, Métis, and First Nations peoples who make their homes in the Treaty 7 region of Southern Alberta. We recognize their distinctive spiritual relations with the land that supports our home and our business. We are humbled that our office is built upon the generous land that sustained indigenous people for centuries.
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: Multiple Locations