Sodexo Canada: Job Description**
Position Title: Environmental Services**
Shifts: Evenings and Nights**
- Perform all of the environmental tasks demonstrating service orientation to fellow employees, client staff and customers.
- Interacts effectively with facility staff, patients, residents or visitors
- Perform basic cleaning functions in assigned areas as following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Dusts Horizontal surfaces.
- Empties waste baskets and recycling, removes waste and relines baskets
- Damp wipes and cleans all furniture.
- Cleans metal and porcelain fixtures in the bathroom.
- Spot cleans walls and windows.
- Polishes metal surfaces.
- Replenishes room supplies.
- Changes linen and transports to assigned area
- Performs heavier cleaning functions in assigned areas following established schedules and using prescribed methods.
- Dust and wet mops floors with microfiber mops.
- Dispose of biohazard and chemical waste in prescribed method.
- Clean light fixtures and fittings.
- Maintain assigned equipment for cleanliness and recommends repairs as needed.
- Performs all other tasks which may be assigned.
- Minimum, grade 10 education.
- Demonstrated Customer Service experience
- English proficiency, verbal and written to allow safe performance of the job.
- Pass physical exam as required by client.
- Clearance for Criminal record check.
- Record of Immunization
- After initial training demonstrate the ability to utilize supplies, tools and equipment.
- Have the ability to stand for 7.5 hours, lift. Bend, kneel, crouch, and reach.
- Only local applications please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Custodial: 1 year (Preferred)