Cloud Solution Engineer
At PDF Solutions, we’re transforming the semiconductor and electronics manufacturing industry
with our platforms that improves yield and lowers manufacturing costs at some of the largest chip
makers in the world. PDF Solutions is the global leader of commercial semiconductor big data
analytics solutions and is seeking an experienced, highly motivated Cloud Engineer to join our Cloud
Development team. This growing team is responsible for designing, deploying and maintaining our
public cloud-based Exensio® Big Data and Analytics Software.
The Cloud Engineer is responsible for using innovative approaches and public cloud infrastructure to
enhance and adapt the design and architecture of the Big Data Analytics software to the SaaS
platform. The Engineer directly contributes to the implementation of the core cloud services and
deploys automation and provides continuous maintenance and upgrades of PDF Solutions’ SaaS
- Positions available in Vancouver, Canada, Jerusalem/Ramallah or Hsinchu, Taiwan.
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Participate in building customer environment on the Cloud
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability;
- Participate in the continuous efforts to improve the design and architecture of our Cloud offering
- Participate in the design and the implementation of Cloud support and maintenance system.
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
- Setup and maintain various services and support tools, primarily on AWS, but also other cloud
- Work closely with the Application and Database teams to resolve issues and improve customer
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining our Big Data analytical system framework using
Apache Cassandra and Apache Spark.
Required Skills and Experiences
- 5+ years of experience with Linux / Unix systems administration
- A minimum of 2+ years of experience as a cloud engineer/administrator with a primary
responsibility of AWS;
Recommended Skills and Experience:
- Experience with networking configuration and administration
- Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain technical documentation;
- Prior exposure to some programming language: Python, Perl, Java;
- Solid knowledge of Shell Scripting and command line management;
- Experience with Network topologies, VPCs, Security Groups & ACLs
- Experience with automation and managing infrastructure as code : terraform / chef / puppet
- Experience configuring systems monitoring, alerts thresholds
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work across engineering teams
- Comfortable with fast-paced, iterative, agile design cycles
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Experience in Apache Cassandra
- Experience in Apache Spark
- Experience in Hadoop ecosystem and tools
Submit resumes to email@example.com Subject Header:
- AWS Associate certificates
- Citrix experience
- Apache Spark certificate
- Apache Cassandra certificate
Cloud Solutions Eng.