- When you join Vancity as an employee and a member, you join a movement that believes that when we use money for what’s right, we truly are a financial force for change.
- At Vancity, our vision is a transformed economy that protects the earth and guarantees equity for all. This vision captures our aspirations and guides our work to be a financial force for change.
- We are the largest private-sector Living Wage Employer in Canada and have been consistently recognized as one of the Top Employers in Canada. Come join our team of 2,600 diverse individuals and access competitive rewards & benefits, all while knowing you are apart of a greater movement.
- Start your Vancity career journey with us even if you’re new to financial services! We provide in-house paid training to gain general financial knowledge, and to learn about our products & services. We encourage opportunities to learn & develop to prepare you for career success, which in turn continuously impresses how we serve our membership.
- Vancity is committed to a diverse workplace and values Integrity, Innovation, Responsibility and Reconciliation. While we review all applicants, we will be prioritizing applicants who self-identify as Indigenous peoples (First Nations, Inuit, and Metis), Members of visible minorities, and Persons with disabilities.
The Role: Member Services Representative
If you have a passion for helping others and problem-solving over the phone, this job is for you! We are looking for an upbeat, positive, and reliable person who has excellent communication skills, is detail-oriented and is comfortable working over the phone in the comfort of your own home (with the option to work from our Surrey office if desired).
As a Member Services Representative, you will respond to member financial inquiries, identify the unique needs of each member, address concerns, and exercise emotional intelligence to improve the overall member experience! No banking experience is required as we provide 6 weeks of full-time training, plus all equipment (apart from internet) for you to be successful.
In addition to an outstanding work and company culture, we offer a highly competitive salary, 3 weeks’ vacation, and exceptional benefits and there are many opportunities for growth within our diverse and unionized work environment. If this is of interest, be sure to apply today!
Within this role you will:
- Achieve established sales and service objectives, including referrals to specialist roles so that member needs are met.
- Leverage and utilize the technical systems available within the Member Services Centre (MSC) so that the service experience for the member is efficient and seamless.
- Resolve and handle member contacts (including, but not limited to inbound/outbound calls, email, online queries/applications) according to established service and quality standards.
- Work effectively and with full commitment on the tasks assigned by your manager.
- Give your manager your best advice.
- Stay within policy.
- Manage your ongoing career development at Vancity.
- Solutions-oriented – you have a growth mindset and approach new and challenging situations with a “how might we” attitude
- A Strong Communicator - you use your strong communication and interpersonal skills to create clear understanding of expectations; address challenges and issues for the business unit; and represent the unit across the organization.
- Organized & Systematic - your planning and coordination skills develop solid operating plans, processes, methods and standards for a unit and help coordinate delivery of critical information in a timely manner.
- Analytical & Decisive - with your strong problem solving and decision making skills, you can diagnose challenges and issues; develop innovative investigative solutions; and to assess risks and opportunities that may affect the information security team.
- Self Motivated – you are a self motivated and inquisitive individual that takes initiative to follow through and deliver results without continuous supervision
- Ability to connect quickly with people over the phone
- Ability to explain complex information in simplified language
- A curious nature and strong problem-solving skills
- The ability to ask questions with intent
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service experience
Bonus points, if you have:
- Call centre experience
- Experience/knowledge in finance and/or sales
Remote: This competitively rewarded role will enjoy remote working arrangements which can be fulfilled primarily from your B.C. based home office or other approved location, or from the Vancity Surrey office (near the Surrey Sky Train Station) if you prefer.
Hours: 35 hours per week / between the hours of Monday – Saturday 8am - 8pm PST and Sunday 10am - 5:30pm PST / guaranteed 2 consecutive days off per week / includes 1 weekend shift
Posting Deadline: Apply ASAP as we will be interviewing between Aug 22 - 26th
To learn more about Vancity, please visit www.vancity.com/AboutVancity
Please note that all shortlisted candidates for this role will be required to complete a background check which includes resume verification, credit check, criminal record check, and proof of full COVID-19 vaccination status. Exemptions requested under Human Rights law will be addressed through Vancity’s accommodations processes.
Job Type: Full-time
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability