Job Number: 83591
Job: Health Professional/Assistant
Primary Location: Ontario-Hamilton
This position will be located at: Juravinski Hospital
Organization: 41020-E3 CTU Medicine
Status: Regular Part-time
Hours per week: 22.5
Number of Openings: 1
Union Code: Non Union Employees
Minimum Salary: 37.7600 Hourly
Maximum Salary: 48.4100
Post Date: Sep 21, 2020, 11:00:00 PM
Close Date (Period for Applying) - External: Sep 28, 2020, 10:59:00 PM
Wards B3, E3 & F3 are an active adult general internal medicine unit that provides care for Acute Medicine and Telemetry patients. An interdisciplinary team provides care to an acutely ill, primarily geriatric patient population including patients with multi-system chronic illnesses.
As a member of the multidisciplinary health care team, the speech-language pathologist will provide identification, evaluation, treatment, management, education, counseling, preventative and consultative services to an adult population presenting with swallowing and communication disabilities related to an acute or chronic medical, oncological and/or hematological condition.
Schedule Work Hours
1. Current registration with the College of Audiologists and Speech-Language Pathologists of Ontario (CASLPO)
2. Masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology
3. Current knowledge base and experience in the assessment and management of adults with swallowing and communication disorders
4. Demonstrated willingness to collaborate as a member of a multidisciplinary team required
5. Demonstrated strength in problem-solving, critical appraisal and decision-making
6. Understanding of and sensitivity to older adults and age-related changes
7. Effective communication abilities
8. Demonstrated commitment to continuing professional education and advancement of practice
9. Previous experience working in an acute medical setting preferred
10. Previous experience working with patients with oncological and hematological diagnoses preferred
11. Experience administering and interpreting video-fluoroscopy swallowing studies an asset
Hamilton Health Sciences fosters a culture of patient and staff safety, whereby all employees are guided by our Mission, Vision, Values, and Values Based Code of Conduct. Hamilton Health Sciences is a teaching hospital and all staff and physicians are expected to support students and other learners.
To be considered for this opportunity applicants must apply during the posting period. All internal and external applicants may ONLY apply via the Careers website.
Hamilton Health Sciences is an equal opportunity employer and we will accommodate any needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code. Hiring processes will be modified to remove barriers to accommodate those with disabilities, if requested. Should any applicant require accommodation through the application processes, please contact Human Resources Operations at 905-521-2100, Ext. 46947 for assistance. If the applicant requires a specific accommodation because of a disability during an interview, the applicant will need to advise the hiring manager when scheduling the interview and the appropriate accommodations can be made.
This competition is open to all qualified applicants, however, qualified internal applicants will be considered first. Past performance will be considered as part of the selection process. If you are a previous employee of Hamilton Health Sciences, please note: the circumstances around an employee's exit will be considered prior to an offer of employment
Proficiency in both Official Languages, French and English, is considered an asset
If this position is temporary, selection for this position will be as per the outlined Collective Agreements:
Article 30 (k), CUPE Collective Agreement
Article 10.7 (d), ONA Collective Agreement
Article 13.01 (b) (ii), OPSEU 273 Collective Agreement
Article 14.04, OPSEU 209 Collective Agreement
Article 2.07 and Article 13, PIPSC RT Collective Agreement