A little about us
At Shaw, we’re proud to be leaders in a movement that brings Canadians the connectivity they need to fuel their lives. We’re making bold moves to connect Canadians and we’re always on the lookout for go-getters that are committed to disrupting the status quo. Does that sound like you? We’d love to meet you.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Estimator working out of our Winnipeg office reporting to the Supervisor, Planning. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing cost estimates (quotes) for various HFC and Fibre projects.
A typical day
- Provide cost estimates for Civil construction projects
- prepare basic route diagrams in CAD to support estimates
- Prepare and issue RFP’s to vendors
- Attend site meetings with Customers / Property Managers/property owners to identify building entry points and internal cabling routing pathways
- Coordinate / Manage Material orders
- Various other duties as required
- Basic to intermediate CAD software skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational abilities
- Strong abilities with software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio and an understanding of database applications
- Goal oriented with the ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment
- Highly motivated with the ability to work well within a team environment
- Adaptive, quick learner, exceptional organization and reporting skills with the ability to have attention to detail while multi-tasking
- Maintain a valid driver’s license and must provide a driver’s abstract annually
- Flexibility to take on other duties or tasks as needed
- A positive, “can-do” attitude and customer focused approach that will enable you to deal with challenging situations with integrity, empathy and sincerity.
This position requires the successful completion of a criminal (and credit) background check.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.