Greenbrain Inc. is a Canadian Company, focused on the implementation of energy conservation upgrades for businesses and homeowners, on behalf of electric utilities, gas utilities, municipalities and government agencies.
Greenbrain Inc. is currently looking to fill the role of an Energy Advisor, to work both on the field and out of our Richmond Hill office. In this role, you will be responsible for conducting residential energy assessments across the GTA / Southwestern Ontario on behalf of local electric utilities, identifying areas for improvement within a customer’s home, and installing energy saving products.
Travel is required (100% of the time, with the remainder spent in the office), which may sometimes require overnight lodging. During the home energy assessments, you will be required to work both in and outside of the home, under inclement weather, in smaller spaces such as attics, basements and crawl spaces, and at heights up to 10 feet using ladders.
Here's what you will be doing:
- Act as the first point of contact with customers once an appointment has been scheduled, up until the file has been closed
- Attend and complete all scheduled in-home assessments
- Obtain all required paperwork and capture data on appliances, insulation, heating / cooling systems and lighting within the home
- Install residential energy efficient components such as low flow shower heads, aerators, LED light-bulbs, outlet gaskets, etc., as required;
- Maintain accurate records of all data collected
- Respond to all calls, issues and complaints pertaining to your in-home assessments within 2 business days
- Escalate customer concerns and subcontractor issues to program management
This role is perfect for you if you are:
- A customer service focused individual who is passionate about the environment and sustainability
- Personable, engaging and enjoys having conversations with others
- Analytical with great attention to detail
- Disciplined and self-motivated with a willingness to learn
- Looking for an opportunity to work on Government, Municipality and Utility sustainability programs
Qualifications: Here's what we require...
- Building Science, and/or Sustainability education or experience is a strong asset
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of residential construction practices, building materials and residential heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Strong client relations skills and a customer first attitude
- Fantastic attention to detail
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends as required
- Clean driving record, and a G-Class License with the ability to drive as required
- Ability to obtain a clean Vulnerable Sector Check
- Valid First Aid and WHMIS would be considered an asset
Resumes will be reviewed as they come in and the posting will stay up until the perfect candidate is selected. Start date is as soon as possible.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
- Building Science or Home Improvement: 1 year (Preferred)