Seeking immediate Foot Care RN staff for casual contract.
Do you want to make lives better and have the ability to drive your career? Do you love working with seniors?
Nurse Next Door has the perfect opportunity for you!
Nurse Next Door was founded in Vancouver, Canada in 2001. We are dedicated to delivering flexible, affordable care options to help seniors stay at home.
Are you a warm, caring individual passionate about making a difference in the life of a senior? Do you want a flexible work schedule that fits with the other priorities in your life? Nurse Next Door is looking for caregivers who are able to work from 10 to 40 hours per week (no experience required).
We Make Lives Better every day for our clients and staff by living through our 4 core values:
- Passionate About Making a Difference
Positions and Availability:
Happier Aging is at the heart of what we do — enabling seniors to live at home as long as possible, doing what they love to do.
We provide care days, evenings and weekends, so visits may be scheduled early morning, afternoon or evening to meet our clients’ needs.
- Assess the condition of clients feet while checking for any inflammation, bruising, cuts, or blisters.
- Provide premium foot care education to clients.
- Maintain clients foot nail care needs. (Care of ingrown toenails, corns, and calluses)
- Execute on the client’s care plan as outlined by the Care Designer.
- Help clients with their ADL's (Activities of Daily Living) that is within the scope of practice for an RN (registered nurse).
- Assist clients with transfers, ambulation and exercises when needed.
- Meet the safety needs of the client and use equipment safely and properly.
- Function within the limits of your own experience and knowledge, while practicing safely and competently within the job description.
- Complete records and documentation accurately and thoroughly.
- Must have a valid and in good standing Ontario Registered Nursing certificate.
- Passionate about making a difference.
- Described as a self led leader with the ability to take responsibility for own behavior and success.
- Time management skills - Able to travel to and from client to client in a timely fashion. Drivers with own vehicle will be an asset.
- Phone with data plan – our company communicates available shifts, schedules, client care plan and progress notes though Alayacare app. Thus, must have ability to respond daily to requests/ update notes. (data allowance provided)
- Communication skills, both written and verbal in English
- Ability to identify and report client care concerns to Care Designers when needed.
- Registered Nursing licence in good standing with CNO
- Previous nursing experience required
- Experience working with elderly
- Customer Relations: 2 years (Preferred)
Licence / Certifications:
- Registered Nursing certificate
- Foot Care specialist certificate
- CPR/ First Aid (updated yearly for continued employment)
- Criminal Record Check with a Vulnerable Sector Search (update yearly for continued employment)
- Negative TB test (updated every 2 years for continued employment)
- 3 references (minimum of 2 professional)
- Bilingual (French/ English/Other)
We love making lives better. Let’s start with yours!
Job Types: Contract, Casual
Salary: $30.00 to $35.00 /hour