Are you tired of:
- unreliable and underperforming coworkers?
- putting in the effort but getting let down?
- contributing more and getting paid less?
- seniority getting rewarded over production and safety?
- have a valid Driver's Licence?
- hold yourself to a higher standard?
- want to work with a company that has high standards?
- have a positive attitude?
- want to feel appreciated for what you do?
- want to grow?
- hard working?
Precision Tree specializes in tree work with a purpose - to prevent kids from getting electrocuted by trees in power lines and to keep people's power on. Precision works full-time, year-round and strives to keep our awesome team working where we live - at home. We are currently executing Long Term Agreement work for BC Hydro, and are in charge of all BCH vegetation maintenance from Courtenay to Port Hardy.
I started Precision Tree Services Ltd to do things better and to work with people who want to do things better. I want to work with people who love they do as much as I do. If you feel the same way, e-mail me your resume and let's connect.
At Precision we love:
- how essential our work is to our families and our community
- working on a wicked team
- using technology and data to do more work with less effort
- being disciplined and managing ourselves
- laughing at weird jokes and ourselves
- challenges like climbing mountains and fractions
- being outside, away from artificial air and plastic people
- adrenaline-inducing activities not for the faint of heart
- being healthy
- comics and/or superheroes and/or supervillains
We want to help the right new team member develop skills and earn certification in:
- first aid
- traffic control
- operating a chainsaw (slashing, felling)
- driving a commercial vehicle
- climbing trees
- tree care, assessment, and maintenance
- being an even awesomer human than they are now
Steel toed boots are mandatory, all other safety equipment provided. You must have a valid driver's licence for this position. You must also be able to HAVE FUN. I know this is a truly unique requirement not often sought in job applicants, but it is if you want a position with Precision.
The position is for non smokers only. We are looking to find someone to start with us as "Groundman" or "Saw Operator" and grow from there. More highly qualified candidates (AUA, CUA) will be considered. Pay is $17.50-22.56/hr to start, depending on experience (higher for AUA, CUA applicants). Benefits package available after 6 months.
The successful candidate will have to pass each of the following steps:
1. Your cover letter and resume will be evaluated for initial quality and fit - like in Gr.12 English, creativity, spelling and grammar count
2. You will be contacted via e-mail to determine if you are actually a real person
3. You will get a phone interview where crucial questions like, "What do you do for lunch?" and "Explain your morning routine" will be asked
4. Your references will be called and thoroughly questioned to gauge your level of "awesomeness"
5. You will need to review Precision company documents that outline our values, principles to work by, a skill list of all required skills for each position in the company, our wage structure and a sample position agreement for review
6. We will conduct a follow up e-mail to ensure you're still interested in working with Precision, and that you understand what is will required to join our team
7. You will get interviewed in real life to absolutely confirm that you are a real person
8. You'll get a paid try out for a day on a job site to ensure you can work with precision
9. Our whole team will vote on whether or not to offer you a position with Precision
10. You will be offered The Position, which will require reviewing and signing a Position Agreement prior to commencing work
11. BLAMMO. You get to work with Precision. Easy peesy, right? Now it's time for the real work to start.
Please include a cover letter telling us why you'd be an awesome fit for our team with your application. Maximum effort yields maximum results. Don't half ass it. Low/No effort applications - ie those without cover letters - will be reviewed with equal effort. Which is none. Which means we'll trash them without a look.
This position is full-time.
Thank you for taking the time to read to the end of our really ridiculously long posting. Maybe you should apply.
~James, Team Captain, Precision Tree Services Ltd
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.50 to $22.50 /hour