Dev Dragons 2020 is a coding competition for companies, communities and employee children.
Hatch Coding has software that teaches kids how to read and write code. Hatch is setting up a 9-month coding competition where companies sign up their employees to get their kids to build a toolbox of skills to shape the future.
The end goal is to maximize participation and to have fun in a friendly environment while helping kids create options and choices for the future.
Your overall role is to help make this a success, coordinating the participation and happiness of 200 companies across Ontario between now and November 2020.
- reach out to prospective participants and share info about Dev Dragons 2020
- set up info sessions between companies and Hatch's CEO as needed
- distribute surveys and help participants share information with their employees
- gather headcounts for each participant for how many employee children are joining Dev Dragons 2020
- coordinate onboarding for the parents and the kids to the platform
- work with a point person at each company to ensure successful participation
- in September 2020, work with each company to highlight the best youth coders from their group of participants for entry into Phase 2 of Dev Dragons
- coordinate participation in Phase 2 to complete group projects in Fall 2020.
- help bring this all together for an Awards Gala and Celebration in November 2020.
- Proven experience as an event coordinator
- A proven track record of organizing successful events
- Proficient in MS Office
- Excellent vendor management skills
- Knowledge of basic recruitment practices
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability
- Well-organized with multi-tasking skills
- Able to handle stress and remain calm
- Problem-solving ability
- Degree in hospitality management, public relations or relevant field is preferred
Salary is $50k + bonus
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 /year
- Event Coordination: 1 year (Preferred)