Elite Digital (https://elitedigitalagency.com) is an award-winning Toronto-based digital marketing agency that is growing rapidly. For over 15 years, we have worked with many of the country’s leading brands as their one-stop partner for cohesive digital marketing campaigns, web design and development, search marketing and optimization, social media, mobile apps, marketing automation, and more. We have a client roster spanning multiple verticals, which leads to new and exciting challenges and opportunities. We are known for our high-quality innovative work powered by really amazing people.
A few of our proud accolades...
- Growth 500, Canada's Fastest Growing Companies 2018 (#87), Canadian Business
- Business Excellence Award, Toronto Board of Trade
- Best Consumer Website, Summit International Awards
- Best Consumer Micro-site, Summit International Awards
- Best Rebranding, Summit International Awards
- Top 50 Email Service Providers, Website Magazine
- Canada’s Top 300 IT Companies, Backbone Magazine
Elite Digital houses over 65 employees and is expanding once again! As a result, we are looking for a talented and passionate Human Resources Generalist who will thrive in a challenging, fast-paced, and team-oriented environment.
Reporting to the Chief Relationship Officer, the Human Resources Generalist is a hands-on, enthusiastic individual with experience working in flexible environments, building and creating employee resources and programs, and providing support to all levels of management within an organization. As the Human Resources Generalist, you will collaborate with a dynamic and entrepreneurial management and employee base, staying focused on the HR departmental goals, while supporting the organization’s needs. Initially a team of one, this is an excellent opportunity to step into a high growth company, where your hard work will have a direct impact on results. This role will help engage in short-term solutions to best serve our people, while preparing for long-term growth.
- Help develop, communicate and provide guidance on a full range of policies, guidelines, and procedures, along with relevant employment-related laws, regulations and standards
- Drive processes relating to the complete employee life cycle including new employee "touchpoints", benefit orientations, performance management, internal promotion and transfer offers, leave of absences and employee departures
- Provide guidance and resolutions to managers on employee relations situations, such as discipline, termination and performance management
- Lead the implementation, enhancement and maintenance of the HRIS and provide insights and suggestions for improvement based on the needs of the business and employees
- Support and be a project lead on the roll out of various Human Resources programs/initiatives
- Undertake research, review and analysis of HR data, policies and practices, identifying trends and patterns to make recommendations to improve HR and management practices
- Research innovative solutions and opportunities to streamline work processes, build best practices, and enhance the way Human Resources delivers services
- Coordinate and deliver internal training where applicable
- Collaborate with hiring managers to conduct full-cycle recruitment
- Support with core processes, such as: benefits/pension management, new hire onboarding, offboarding and coordination of payroll/IT paperwork and processes
Education and Training
- Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Human Resources and/or Psychology
- Human Resources Management Certificate, preferred.
Experience, Skills and Competencies
- Membership with the HRPA, preferred
- CHRP or CHRL designation, an asset
- 3 to 7 years of related experience as a Human Resources Generalist
- Preference for experience in a start up business environment, with a client services background
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Proficiency with Human Resources information software
- Experience delivering presentations to employees
- Embraces leading the Human Resources function of the business
- Demonstrated technical ability to manage employment policies and apply human rights and ESA standards to HR practices
- High attention to detail with the ability to act with discretion and confidentiality
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Understands sensitive workplace issues; able to act tactfully, with diplomatically, and professionally, at all times
- A self-starter who can handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Able to work efficiently either in a group setting as a part of a team or independently
- We offer full health benefits (after the initial 3 months)
- Opportunity to grow your career in a thriving Digital Marketing Agency
- Free gourmet coffee
- Free snacks & monthly catered lunches
- Company social events
- Flexible working hours
- Opportunity to attend conferences and events
How to apply
To apply, please reply to this ad with a copy of your cover letter and resume. Please outline your salary expectations when applying.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please make it clear within your cover letter. We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Human Resources: 3 years (Required)
- Bachelor's Degree (Required)
- Human Resources Management (Preferred)