Being a part of Supplement Dude’s team goes beyond selling products...It means you are the face of our business and as a result, we are looking for the best of the best! If you are a self-starter who is persistently aiming to achieve sales goals set forth and eager to learn, SUPPLEMENT DUDE is right for you!
Essential Job Functions
- Ability to demonstrate, explain and present complex products to customers, including vitamins, supplements, minerals, herbs, sports nutrition, diet, and energy products.
- Work closely with national and international hockey associations with community events, fundraisers and trade shows
- Ability to achieve sales goals in accordance to the daily sales targets.
- Ability to sell in a commissioned sales environment.
- Understand and respond appropriately to basic customer inquiries.
- Receive, check, and shelve merchandise orders; confirm purchase orders and manage the store’s inventory.
- Read all merchandising bulletins in order to understand product assortment and answer product questions based on Company approved information.
- Ability to operate store point of sale register; complete store daily open/close functions and bank deposits according to SUPPLEMENT DUDE policies and procedures
- Responsible for keeping store clean and uncluttered
- Passionate team player dedicated to continually bringing a fresh perspective to the team
- Must be able to work alone and be a self-starter
- Positive attitude and professional demeanor
Required Job Requirements
- High school diploma or Certificate
- Requires a minimum of 1 year of specialty retail selling and merchandising experience, preferably with an emphasis on specialty retail
- Proven selling skills and proven ability to communicate with customers with a sense of urgency and understanding of their immediate goals
Skills and Abilities
- Personal training certification an asset
- Industry affiliation with nutrition brands an asset
- Excellent language skills required to speak, read, and understand customers and SUPPLEMENT DUDE communications
- Basic math skills to count, add, and subtract
- Strong interpersonal and ethical behavior to manage the company’s assets and engage with customers
- Excellent customer service skills to develop a relationship-selling culture
- Requires morning, afternoon and evening availability
- Schedule may be changed by store management based on the needs of the business
Work Environment / Travel / Physical Demands
- Sports Arena retail store environment with nutritional shake bar, and barista services where you are inside a quad pad hockey arena
- Fitness Club retail store environment with members being serviced for various health and wellness needs
- Must be able to work independently with remote supervision
- Bending, lifting, reaching for and moving merchandise. Lifting up to 45 lbs. Climbing ladders
- Moving small display fixtures.
- Standing for long periods of time
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Commission
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
- retail sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- English (Preferred)
- French (Preferred)