At Policaro Harley-Davidson, we deal in dreams! Our team of highly motivated individuals share a passion for Harley-Davidson and is committed to providing our riders with the best two-wheeled experience possible. We are currently recruiting for an experienced Service Advisor.
The primary purpose of the role will be to serve our guests by selling work to be performed on the motorcycle. Present the key P&A features, advantages, and benefits most valuable and relevant to them. This includes selling manufacturers recommendations, following up with each guest on the work performed, the estimate/costs, warranty administration if applicable, and scheduling the next appointment according to the OEM requirements and personal driving habits.
Meet and greet the guest, complete a walk around of motorcycle; review history of the motorcycle; driving habits; service work to be performed along with previous recommendations.
- Document all forms of client communication in DMS
- Outline the guest’s motorcycle service requirements / problems accurately and clearly on repair order; review timing for completion and cost estimates.
- Communicate with Parts team to arrange for special order parts for the guest with appointments booked for work to be completed
- Check for warranty updates; Assist with warranty administration, communicating with vendors and manufacturer
- Save and tag parts if the job is under warranty or if requested by the customer
- Monitor the quality of work in progress and technicians’ use of time; Escalate “wait” jobs as much as possible. Monitor promise times and inform Service Manager if there will be a problem meeting a promised time as soon as it becomes apparent
- Monitor completion time and update guests when the motorcycle will be ready; advise when there may be a delay in the work completion time.
- If additional safety or service work is required inform guest immediately and provide pricing / timing
- Check the guest out which will include reviewing the invoice line by line; confirm email, phone contacts and update all personal information; book the next service appointment at the time of reviewing the invoice; walk guest to their motorcycle
- Keeping up to date on technical bulletins and workshop literature
- Remain up-to-date on Parts & Accessories (P&A) Catalog for product details
- Complete all assigned HDU online training efficiently, under 30 days for new product courses
- Recommend packages that satisfy common customer needs. Packages should include all required P&A and labor required
- Initiate CXI survey and reiterate importance
- Call to schedule to service appointments
- Follow up call to service customers
- Other duties as assigned
Job Type: Full-time
- Service Advisor: 4 years (Preferred)