Our client is looking to hire a Legal Assistant with Patent experience to join their Intellectual Property group. Supporting a busy Patent Agent/Partner, you are professional with a positive attitude, flexible and team oriented with solid organizational skills. This is an immediate vacancy working with a dynamic firm located in downtown Toronto, ON.
- Independently manage the daily operation, administration and organization of a busy Patent Agent/Partner
- Monitor all patent due dates and follow up accordingly
- File responses to Office Actions
- Prepare forms and application filing papers for national and Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT) applications
- Complete weekly and monthly reports for clients
- Process expense reports
- Communicate professionally with all internal and external clients
- Handle administrative details with respect to accounting, filing (paper & electronic), dealing with mail, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc.
- Manage a high volume workload with great accuracy and organization
Qualifications or Skill Required:
- Minimum of 5 years of previous experience as an Intellectual Property Legal Assistant, preferably in the patent area
- Successful completion of a post-secondary education preferably in a Legal Assistant or Law Clerk program
- Knowledge of PATTSY is considered an asset
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as thorough proofreading skills
- Strong technical skills using MS Office 2013 including Word, Excel and Workshare Compare
- Ability to organize, prioritize work and meet deadlines with initiative
- Highly detail oriented, flexible, and a team player that is client service oriented
- Ability to use discretion when dealing with confidential information
Qualified candidates please email your resume in confidence to Donna Oldfield EStaffSearch quoting IP Legal Assistant in the subject line of your email.
Should this position not be of interest to you, please contact EStaffSearch to discuss other opportunities and how we can assist you with your job search.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this Legal Assistant opportunity.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent